1.    #1  
    for the third night in a row my backupman v2.03 failed to automatically backup my CDMA T650. I have tried everything I can think of, as in changing the backup time, # of saved backups ... etc. I get this error message automated backup was skipped due to user preference 0x8005
    I don't want to switch to another backup app so please don't post unless you have a solution.
    Treoing & Loving it
    sure you're not running out of room on the SD card?
  3.    #3  
    good suggestion, its a 1gb card with over 200mb to spare though
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. I don't know what software corrupted it. Had to delete, reinstall, set the encryption, and FORCE A BACKUP. Now it works again.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I have the same problem, except it just doesn't run the auto backup. I have even tried to force automatic backup, it exits the program, and nothing happens.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996
    I have the same problem, except it just doesn't run the auto backup. I have even tried to force automatic backup, it exits the program, and nothing happens.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
    Yeah that too, I cannot force auto back up neither.....
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Glad I stayed with version 1.54 now!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    did you try deleting and reinstalling the app?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    did you try deleting and reinstalling the app?
    I have it in ROM so it is a little more cumbersome. What I did is modified saved and unsaved pref to delete any refrences to backupman, that seems to work. It did an auto backup after i did that, i will wait to see if it backs up again tonight.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I have sent an e-mail to the company, as well. I have not tried to delete and re-install. Shouldn't software work without having to do this?
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996
    I have sent an e-mail to the company, as well. I have not tried to delete and re-install. Shouldn't software work without having to do this?
    Yes software should not require an uninstall and reinstall. I was just posting what I had done as a temp fix to get backups working again till the company releases its next update.

It was good that you did notify the company.
    By chance, could you be using the SD based application instead of the RAM based one? The SD based will not run automagically. Ben
  13.    #13  
    I am using RAM ver because I have bm in ROM
    Treoing & Loving it
  14.    #14  
    Well I contacted bitsnbolts two days ago and until no repose, there sit states that they will respond within 24 hours. Anyhow, I think I resolved the problem, what I did is deactivate the card using backupman itself, then deleted these two files using filez backupmanautodb and backupmanselectdb, then used resco explorer to delete the backupman BkmN entry from the saved preferences. Then I launched backup man itself and set up the auto backup schedule the rest is history. In essence, I deleted and reinstalled backupman, I know that is what someone is going to say, but I could not delete backupman because I have it in ROM through a custom ROM install.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Resco lets you see individual entries in the saved preferences file? That is cool!
  16.    #16  
    I got this from bitsnbolts??
    "That generally means that you have BackupMan set to skip a day, for instance you have deselected all days for backups to occur. I'd suggest resetting your scheduling preferences and seeing what happens."
    Treoing & Loving it
  17.    #17  
    BTW bitsnbolts solution did not work for me.
    Treoing & Loving it