I got the treo 650 but don't have any instilation cd's
    can i download the programs somewhere?
    I've never used a palm before, used to ppc and windows mobile
    the palm website has everything u need
    You didn'y say what carrier you had but start here:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...reo650updater/

get the updates and the manuals

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...ndesk414e.html

That's still gonna leave you short of the freebie apps that come on the CD tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by choman
    the palm website has everything u need
    The Palm Website DOES NOT have everything he needs. No media conduits for one.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by thenewdino
    I got the treo 650 but don't have any instilation cd's
    can i download the programs somewhere?
    I've never used a palm before, used to ppc and windows mobile
    What provider?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  6.    #6  
    i'm with sprint.
    i got the hotsync to work and the palm desktop.
    i want to put games and ringers on my phone becuase there is nothing, but I'm not sure what it supports. I've tried a few ringers, the only one i tried that it said it suported was i think a qcp but it didn't actually work - it played a video with no sound. can anyone tell me what file types it supports? also what games work on this model; as well as what is the screensize so i can make my own bkg.
    I'm used to the ppc windows mobile pdas. Is there anyway I can get something like the Today Screen on a palm?
    The daily view of the calendar application is very similar to "Today" and you can customize the background of that screen as well. I have it set to my default screen for the calendar application so that each time I hit the calendar hard button, that screen appears. The only player delivered with the Treo is RealPlayer and it's not much good for playing anything but MP3s. Try downloading TCPMP. It's free and can play just about anything. You can find it with a google search or a search of this site. The screen size is 320x320. The ringtones supported native on the Treo are MID (midi) and WAV. To use MP3s, you need 3rd party software or you need to convert a clip from the MP3 to WAV format. For games, just do some searching....there's plenty out there.....both freeware and commercial. You can start at www.freewarepalm.com.
    i'm with sprint.
    i got the hotsync to work and the palm desktop.
    i want to put games and ringers on my phone becuase there is nothing, but I'm not sure what it supports. I've tried a few ringers, the only one i tried that it said it suported was i think a qcp but it didn't actually work - it played a video with no sound. can anyone tell me what file types it supports? also what games work on this model; as well as what is the screensize so i can make my own bkg.
    I'm used to the ppc windows mobile pdas. Is there anyway I can get something like the Today Screen on a palm?
    I know you can DL that CD somewhere but I can't recall where. It's somewhere in these forums. Most games for the Palm OS should work on your Treo. You can also get emulators for the NES, for instance. Natively, your Treo supports MP3 and MPEG video.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Is there anyway I can get something like the Today Screen on a palm?
    I prefer this:

http://lilredspider.com/TMP/features.html

No fluff, all business.