1.    #1  
    My friend bought a Treo 650 over in China and asked me to install the ROM that I am using on my Treo.

His phone shows the following:

Firmware - 01.28
    Software - treo650-1.13-APR
    hardware - A

I have created a no frills custom ROM for my phone using the ROM Update tool, but am unsure what the options for his phone are.

I know I could create a custom ROM with the ROM update tool for his phone like I did for mine, but I had a few other questions.

Will Palm Updater (1.20 APR) update the firmware to 1.71 in addition to updating the software?

Also, after this, can I upload my ROM (ENA) to his phone?

My phone details:

Firmware - 01.71
    Software - treo650-1.20-ENA
    hardware - A

Thanks for the help.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anglin4trouble
    Will Palm Updater (1.20 APR) update the firmware to 1.71 in addition to updating the software?

Also, after this, can I upload my ROM (ENA) to his phone?

Thanks for the help.
    1. Yes. Run the palm updater will updating the firmware also.
    2. Yes. You can try to run 1.20-ENA updater to see what happens.
  3.    #3  
    I tried running the 1.20 ENA updater with no luck. It said something to the effect that it was the wrong version for the phone. I will run the 1.20 APR updater on his phone.

Can I then upload (via SD card method or using the ROM Tool) my custom 1.20 ENA ROM on to his phone?

I just was not sure if I could upload the 1.20 ENA ROM on top of the phone which would be running 1.20 APR Software.
    You can load the ENA ROM over the APR fine, but you will have a huge ROM partition and waste nearly 2MB space if it is a custom ENA.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    You can load the ENA ROM over the APR fine, but you will have a huge ROM partition and waste nearly 2MB space if it is a custom ENA.
    Is there a way around losing the 2MB of space?
    Do you need CKJOS (Chinese language)? If not then just go with ENA you can either change the tokens to allow the ENA install or get an SD version.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Do you need CKJOS (Chinese language)? If not then just go with ENA you can either change the tokens to allow the ENA install or get an SD version.
    Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Sorry I have to ask another question, but I am not quite understanding what you are saying so I need a little more clarification.

Are you saying that I can install an ENA versioin via SD card and both update the firmware and software without having to run the 1.20APR update and then overlay the ENA ROM? If this is correct, where can I get an SD version, or can I create one from my ROM?

Thanks again for your patience.
    Here are some pre done customs. You can just find one of these and be done in one step.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=564