1.    #1  
    I can successfully sync my 650 through bluetooth with 2 PCs. I just got a new laptop and an having problems. It pairs fine, but when I go to sync it says "port in use by another...." I have tried to change ports among other things. I made sure the settings are the same as my other PCs. Still no luck. Tried rebooting phone and PC, no luck. Anyone have any other ideas, I am not sure what to try since the pairing works fine, just seems to be some sort of port issue?
    I assume you have "local" checked in the hotsync system tray. and the post you selected in the hotsync setup under local is the same as you setup in teh bluetooth manager?

Assuming you have done that, you may want to try to reinstall the bluetooth software on the PC.

I was gettign strange errors once so i uninstalled, ran a registry cleaner to make sure everything was gone, then i reinstalled and resetup. everything has worked since.
    You will probably find the problem related to the selection of comm ports - make sure that they all point to the same one. In my situation, comm port 6 is used by Bluetooth. If the wrong comm port is listed, you will get the same or a similar error message.

if the message says it is in use by another and something like it will be released... then that is normal. As Ronin17 states, make sure you have "local" checked and the com ports are correct. Ben
  4. Han
    The error message that you're getting is misleading. The way to fix your problem is not to specify that the serial connection is secure...

1. Go to modify bluetooth connection
    2. Go to the local services tab
    3. Select your bluetooth serial port and click on properties
    4. Uncheck secure connection

It would be nice to have the security but with it you won't be able to ditch your hotsync cable!
    Something else to try...

I was getting the same message, but this worked for me: I uninstall the port (My Computer>Properties>Device Manager...), then rebooted. Then added the same port back again.

G
    Nice Guide w/ pictures here

http://www.whizoo.com/bt_setup/

tho hotsync doesn't start till about 11th page if ya print it out.
    I am also getting the COM port error with my 700p, and noticed that my Dell Latitude D800 is NOT one of the compatible computers for BT sync.

Has anyone been able to successfully sync with this PC model? (I'd been able to BT sync my T650 with no difficulty.)
    Neill, what is the error message you are getting? There are a number of places within the Bluetooth setup that control what it does. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Neill, what is the error message you are getting? There are a number of places within the Bluetooth setup that control what it does. Ben
    Thanks for trying to help me. I get a popup on the T700p saying that the port is in use by another application.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE View Post
    Nice Guide w/ pictures here

http://www.whizoo.com/bt_setup/

tho hotsync doesn't start till about 11th page if ya print it out.
    Finally, after 3 years of unsuccessfull bt hotsyncin attemps this instruction link solved my problem. As stupid as this sounds I was using the wrong port. After closely studying the screenshots in the above link I was abled to determine exactly which port was the Toshiba serial port. Not being a techie, I found some of the instructional language from other support sites to vague to follow but the whizoo site was perfect. Thanks again Treocentral!
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Yep, as mentioned in #3. Ben
    So, last night I was laying in bed. I realized... "Self"? "Yes self"?, well, I BT sync all the time with my T700P right next to my laptop all the time. Well self... You've started to leave the lid of your laptop ajar just a bit so as to be able to check your email before you leave to work....yes self go on...well... I was thinking...do you think the BT radio would reach the laptop from here? (second floor, laptop is on the first, in the room right below the BR) well self I dunno, lets try, yes lets.

voila. I synced via BT from upstairs last night as I fell asleep. It was pretty cool.

I knew I bought a laptop with a BT radio on it for some other reason other than being 1 foot away without wires.

That rocked.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.