Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Well i was having trouble with a weird noise at the time of connection on the callers end when using my 650 w/ cingular and after my replacement phone did the same thing the cingular service guy thought it might be the software. The last time i restored my treo from a hard reset it installed every single program that i have ever installed on my treo. My question is how do i sync all of my contacts and everything but select only certain applications to install. I need to narrow down which app is causing it but i dont see any place in palm desktop that tells me what programs will be synced after a hard reset. Any help would be appreciated. thanks a lot

Ty
    Everything in the \Program files\Palmone\<your hotsync id>\Backup is synced back.

Move files out of that directory if you don't want them back on your Treo on the next Hotsync.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Rename your backup directory on your PC (Program Files/palmone/hotsync-name/Backup), create a new directory called Backup and copy the apps and related pdb files you want to restore into it. Then hotsync
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    The above methods should have you 99.9 % there.....may wind up with a pref file somewhere you don't want. If you want to make sure you get everything ya can adapt the method in post 3 here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...newbie+600+650