Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just ordered off the TC store. Won't get to play with it until this weekend as I am away on business. I will report my findings next week!

Just want to add that the TC store is great. 40 minutes from placing the order to having a tracking number.
    Last edited by shmelty; 05/02/2006 at 12:46 PM.
    Whoever gets one soon, please post a review.

Outside of the static inteference all headsets seem to have with the weak BT implementation on the 650, I'm curious how good the incoming and outgoing voice sounds.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    The background noise is my biggest complaint about the 640. But, I don't see myself upgrading.
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Too bad they still don't have a charging adapter tip for the Treo 650.
    IsLNdbOi,

They replaced the Sony tip with a T650 tip. Even in the 640.

I Just got a warranty replacement (manufacturing defect to sleve scratched the heck out of earpiece) and it has the Treo Tip plus a note saying that per consumer demand they replaced the s/e with it.

Simply the best set out there, I wish I could afford to upgrade to the 645.

Art
  6.    #6  
    Well, I finally got a chance to test out the headset. It works perfectly. I tested it at the office, walking outside and in a moving car with the windows down. Each time the person on the other end commented on how clear I was. As for the sound quaity on my end, everything was crystal clear and I found myself having to turn the volume down! The volume is great, no more having to strain to hear the other person like I did with my motorola.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Does the 645 use the handsfree profile on the Treo?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by puyi
    Does the 645 use the handsfree profile on the Treo?
    When pairing, that is your only choice.
    Glad to hear it works well. Given the 645 has Bluetooth 2.0 versus the 640 running Bluetooth 1.2, I'm curious how well it handles being paired up with multiple phones.

Any chance you can pair it with another phone, and see how switching back and forth (without re-pairing) works?
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    shmelty,

Sorry I wasn't clear. Does the 645 work truly handsfree; e.g. does the headset automatically pick up calls without you having to "Accept" the call on the Treo?
  11.    #11  
    When the phone rings, I just push the button on the headset to answer the call. I do not have to touch the Treo at all.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I was looking around for more information and lowest pricing when I found this on BlueHeadsets.com:

"HEADSET COMPATIBILITY: Headset is not compatible with iMate JAM. Headset does not work well with the Treo 650 or Verizon XV6700 PDA. Please click here to check compatibility with other phones/devices."

I'd like to know what they are talking about.

Mac

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I also saw where one website had a 645 "replacement headset" coming soon for $69.99. Might be a lower cost for some of us that have 640's.

BTW, the Plantronics site said the 645 is compatable with the T650.

Quote Originally Posted by McTreo
    I was looking around for more information and lowest pricing when I found this on BlueHeadsets.com:

"HEADSET COMPATIBILITY: Headset is not compatible with iMate JAM. Headset does not work well with the Treo 650 or Verizon XV6700 PDA. Please click here to check compatibility with other phones/devices."

I'd like to know what they are talking about.

Mac
    They say the same thing about the Plantronics 640, must be a problem with the Bluetooth on those phones. Plantronics says it works with the 650 & the 700w...just make sure you buy it from somewhere with a good return policy!
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  15.    #15  
    This is strange. Plantronics took it off their site again, and the TC store is out of stock already. I wonder if Plantronics recalled it or is having problems. Mine is working flawlessly.
    Mine is due to arrive tomorrow from TC, so I'll see if I have any problems with my unit once it gets here.
  17.    #17  
    I have had mine for a week and it works great for me. Just wondering why Plantronics keeps taking it off of their site. This is the 3rd time in a month.
    I think it has to do with them quickly selling out their initial inventory, and instead of saying "out of stock" (like TC), they simply remove the order button.

But I'm just speculating.
    Yeah I think that Plantronics is selling out of these very quickly at their own store and from what I have heard the units are only trickling into to resellers. Many haven't even gotten their initial stock yet, although they expect them anyday. I think it would be far too early to speculate on issues with the headset itself as the reason for the slowness of these coming to the market - more than likely a production issue is slowing things down.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by ygthb
    IsLNdbOi,

They replaced the Sony tip with a T650 tip. Even in the 640.

I Just got a warranty replacement (manufacturing defect to sleve scratched the heck out of earpiece) and it has the Treo Tip plus a note saying that per consumer demand they replaced the s/e with it.

Simply the best set out there, I wish I could afford to upgrade to the 645.

Art
    Hmmm... I just received my 645, and it does not include any Treo charging adaptor.

Anyone else get a Treo adaptor with their unit?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast