View Poll Results: Is the site which started this thread a fake?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 8.75%
  • No

41 51.25%
  • I don't care ...

20 25.00%
  • What the hell are you talking about?

12 15.00%
Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Lo and behold, what do I find when I decided to perform a Google search of "700p" on the palm.com domain?

Advanced Search page for Palm Software Connection Check the "Device Compatibility" drop-down list.

Here's one item (Davis' Drug Guide) that's now listed as compatible with the "Palm Treo 700p".

And: "Palm Treo 700p" is also listed under "Select Browse options..."

Your thoughts ...
    Palm Personal --> Palm Vx --> Tungsten T --> waiting to get first Treo P (get on with it, Palm!)
    I didn't see it on the decive compatability dropdown list on the first page you noted, but i did see 'Palm Treo 700P' under 'select browse options'. I am thusly extremely excited, but sad at the same time. I believe I've read on here that there will be no wifi support built in for the 700p. Will we have any options for getting wifi functionality on the 700p? My campus' wifi network is rapidly expanding and i drool at my mobile possibilities.
    Hm, and likewise, there's a pdf doc at sprint.com, dated 3/22/06 (http://www.sprint.com/business/resou...oductAnnex.pdf) that identifies the "Palm Treo 700w" as a device listed under some "Spring Mobility Management" agreement.
    I'm confused as to why the 700p is completely separate from all the other Treo devices. Alright, who hacked the Palm website? Come on, fess up.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    I'm confused as to why the 700p is completely separate from all the other Treo devices. Alright, who hacked the Palm website? Come on, fess up.
    Yeah, very strange but the time is coming, lol
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    could it possibly be this is the first time Palm has ever felt it necessary (due to a Treo running anything other than palmOS) to brand their Treo product "Palm Treo"? Who knows, good find Most official evidence yet i suppose...
    Very Interesting.

Who do the Palm Secrecy Police go after now?

Themselves?

(P.S. If this is a hack -- you had better start running now. . . .)
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/02/2006 at 05:24 AM.
    Veee-ry interesting.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Some good news right there...
    Starting to go crazy with the little leaks here and there...we may have to start consulting Dave's Drug Guide before this is all said and done...
    Quote Originally Posted by grim02
    Starting to go crazy with the little leaks here and there...we may have to start consulting Dave's Drug Guide before this is all said and done...

Come visit the PPR. . . . . . . . .we have plenty.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    How difficult would it be to hack Palm's website?

I think this is the real deal; it's the start of the 700p roll out. Someone in Palm marketing goofed and released this info early. But it makes sense as Perry is suggesting a product announcement in 2 weeks. You would think that 3rd party developers have been given some 700p spec's so they can modify their app's to work with the 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    How difficult would it be to hack Palm's website?

snip

Somebody is in BIG trouble. . . . . . . . . Be it a Palm employee or a talented hacker.

Personally, I am smelling Hot Chocolate.
    Nice try guys. Just type in 700w in the search keyword box, and you'll bring up the SAME list of compatible programs. If you pull the device drop down list, you'll see 700w

So...your search is really only bringing up the "700". There's also no 700p option under "Select Browse" either. Either an extreme coverup (MIB black suits - spray a 5000 mile containment perimeter) or a faux pax.

EDITED: My apologies; the 700p appears in a different spot on the list under "Palm Treo 700p"

Perry: That's not chocolate you're smelling (yet).
    Last edited by dstrauss; 05/02/2006 at 08:39 AM.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    faux pax or not --- those 4 alpha/numeric characters (700P) are on Palm's web site -- if it is not a hack. . . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmattyh
    Hm, and likewise, there's a pdf doc at sprint.com, dated 3/22/06 (http://www.sprint.com/business/resou...oductAnnex.pdf) that identifies the "Palm Treo 700w" as a device listed under some "Spring Mobility Management" agreement.
    As much as I am a believer in a 700w release, I'm a little sceptical of this agreement because the 700w is listed under supported "Multi-carrier" devices. Since it's already out fo rVerizon, is this what they are talking about, or just that it will be on more than one carrier (Verizon and Sprint?)
    I call hack, either that or I'm out 10 clams.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    I think we can stop wondering if there is going to be a 700p. Palm must know that they would have a major rebellion on their hands among their loyal developers if they didn't give them something to work toward - not to mention the users!
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    I call foul on Treocentral. I ran a general Google search just now for Treo 700p, and the first entry is this page from the Treocentral store. Don't see it listed on the page, but doesn't google check meta data as well?

http://www.google.com/pagead/iclk?sa...26Type%3DExact
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I call hack, either that or I'm out 10 clams.
    It' still 7:30am Palm time. . . .California . . . . . maybe they do not have East Coast employees . . . . . . it will be interesting to see when it comes down . . . . . hack or goof. . . . . . . .but I am diggin' it!

And if it stays . . . . . .ooooh!

Cheers, Perry.
Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast