View Poll Results: Is the site which started this thread a fake?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 8.75%
  • No

41 51.25%
  • I don't care ...

20 25.00%
  • What the hell are you talking about?

12 15.00%
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Note to group: He said he doesn't work for Palm sales...he didn't mention Public Relations, Marketing, Support, or Consumer Relations (I.E. Consumer Agitations...). Anyone care to read into that?
    Doesn't matter since the site is not a Palm site. But who am I to correct anyone. Oh, I guess I just did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Palm itself has been known to "leak" information. All companies do this. How many times has HP listed something about an unannounced ipaq on their site? Palm did the same thing with the LifeDrive, they put it under a drop down menu. Companies do this all the time, and once the word gets out they quickly remove it. They benefit by having people talk about it. They leak it themselves so we'll talk about it, and they get great, free publicity for it. The 700p is a reality, and Palm will be announcing it very soon, this kind of "leak" is more than likely Palm leaking it on purpose.
    What evidence do you have that Palm purposely leaked information through informal channels? There are specific laws against this covering public companies. That is part of the reason I doubt the Sagio report since they claim they owned no Palm stock at the time.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Doesn't matter since the site is not a Palm site. But who am I to correct anyone. Oh, I guess I just did.

Sheesh...I'd think anyone with such an awesome ride might have a slightly sunnier disposition!

And I thought we already went over this earlier today....I agree with bigmattyh...the site we were looking at may not be "palm.com" but it was definitely a Palm site. xxxxx.palm.com is a Palm site regardless of what the xxxxx is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    We all work for Treocentral and get paid $10.00 a post, so we've been able to quit our day jobs and post here. Some people like Gharrod, Perry, Dstrauss, and Dr. Doom are rolling in the dough.

The above is a joke.
    First rule of humor: Say something funny. Otherwise leave it to the pros.
    So true. Humor in the hands of an amateur, novice, or innocent can be a very scarey and dangerous thing.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    What evidence do you have that Palm purposely leaked information through informal channels? There are specific laws against this covering public companies. That is part of the reason I doubt the Sagio report since they claim they owned no Palm stock at the time.
    I bet he has a source.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    You guys almost had me believing on this one. I did a whois on the website and it came back as not a legitimate site/no record. Then I looked at the Palm naming conventions for thier website and it does not match.
    Palm's software pages is: http://www.palm.com/us/software/

This is a rogue reseller who has made their page look like Palm's to garner sales. Sorry, close call though. Call off the party. Turn out the lights. Pop the top on a brew and sing yourself good night...
    First, whoever owns palm.com also owns anything.palm.com.
    software.palm.com is not "fake." It's owned by Palm.

Second, I don't think whois contains third level domain names. Try maps.yahoo.com or news.google.com. whois accepts and ignores "www" in queries.

That said, "powered by motricity" may mean that motricity manages the content, or that Palm uses motricity's software to manage the content. If it's the former, then it's possible that the appearance of "700p" says nothing about its imminent launch.
    Sheesh...I'd think anyone with such an awesome ride might have a slightly sunnier disposition!

And I thought we already went over this earlier today....I agree with bigmattyh...the site we were looking at may not be "palm.com" but it was definitely a Palm site. xxxxx.palm.com is a Palm site regardless of what the xxxxx is.
    Affiliate site. They do not own the content. Others have been to it and checked it out and agree. But who am I to save you from making a fool of yourself. Go ahead. And I do have a sunny disposition. My role here is to seek the truth while having fun. Once you understand that life gets a lot better. If you really haveread posts here in the past you would see the hundreds of times I stated I want to believe in the 700P but as of this moment it has no more credibility then the EasterBunny or Santa Claus.

This is my last post on this topic so you who still believe this fake is authentic Palm then you just go right ahead. We will all have a laugh on it.

Oh, and there really is a bigfoot also isn't there??
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    The only sure thing in all of this is:

Anyone want to bet on whether or not I hit 5,000 posts before the release of either the Sprint Treo 700P or 700W?

I bet well before...
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    It will be interesting to see how Bill G. and Ed C.'s relationship changes when the sales of the 700P blow out of the gate. However, the 700P and the following it will have should not come as any surprise to Mr. Bill.

Cheers, Perry.
    So you and I have the same curiousity. As we have discussed this sword is as doubled-edge-razor-sharpas it gets.

Mark my word. A release of a 700P is not good for anyone involved. It may be a fine device and Iwould seriously consider one myself but there are profound business consequences to be dealt with.
    5,000...seems so long ago.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Affiliate site. They do not own the content. Others have been to it and checked it out and agree. But who am I to save you from making a fool of yourself. Go ahead. And I do have a sunny disposition. My role here is to seek the truth while having fun. Once you understand that life gets a lot better. If you really haveread posts here in the past you would see the hundreds of times I stated I want to believe in the 700P but as of this moment it has no more credibility then the EasterBunny or Santa Claus.

This is my last post on this topic so you who still believe this fake is authentic Palm then you just go right ahead. We will all have a laugh on it.

Fine. Take your toys and leave the sandbox....

As for me, all I'm saying is that affiliate site or not, it's branded with the Palm logos....and I don't doubt one bit that Palm, while not necessarily controlling content directly, does have a say in what can and cannot be posted as it relates to Palm products and services (particularly those that have not yet been disclosed). As someone who has had to sign many non-disclosure agreements in my past, I understand how controlling many companies can be with their information and the reprecussions you'll face if you ignore the NDA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    5,000...seems so long ago.
    My bet is he hits 7,000 beforehand and I am taking credit for 1,000 of those by "goating" him on...Ronbo should grant me an extra phone and take one of Perry's...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I went to one of my routine sites and did a search on the 700p and saw it was under the search http://reviews.cnet.com/Crystal_Clea...-31862018.html Its not a big deal but...IMHO, I think this is showing the anticipation of a device that is going to be on the market.
    It has good feedback...
    Fine. Take your toys and leave the sandbox....

As for me, all I'm saying is that affiliate site or not, it's branded with the Palm logos....and I don't doubt one bit that Palm, while not necessarily controlling content directly, does have a say in what can and cannot be posted as it relates to Palm products and services (particularly those that have not yet been disclosed). As someone who has had to sign many non-disclosure agreements in my past, I understand how controlling many companies can be with their information and the reprecussions you'll face if you ignore the NDA.
    Dude, you can have the sandbox all to yourself. No one really cares.
    Affiliate site. They do not own the content. Others have been to it and checked it out and agree. But who am I to save you from making a fool of yourself. Go ahead.
    Gharrod, I'm sorry, but you just don't understand how domains or websites work.

I've tried to explain it to you in several posts today, but you're pretty fanatical in your devotion to this idea that the site is a "fake", facts be damned... If you want to cling to the idea that it's a "fake" or a site not owned or controlled by Palm, go for it, but it's not going to be guys like me and Haggar, et al, who are going to look like fools once all is said and done.

On the other hand, if you're just goading us, then, hey, I'll take it as a sign not to take you serial.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    It has good feedback...
    So did Jimi Hendrix.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

You're finally right. But you should at least admit that you were repeatedly wrong. Arrogantly wrong. Annoyingly wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmattyh
    I'll take it as a sign not to take you serial.
    You better not take him serial. He's an oatmeal kinda guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    You better not take him serial. He's an oatmeal kinda guy.
    That would Perry. Goats like oats.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmattyh
    Gharrod, I'm sorry, but you just don't understand how domains or websites work.

I've tried to explain it to you in several posts today, but you're pretty fanatical in your devotion to this idea that the site is a "fake", facts be damned... If you want to cling to the idea that it's a "fake" or a site not owned or controlled by Palm, go for it, but it's not going to be guys like me and Haggar, et al, who are going to look like fools once all is said and done.
    Ok, one last comment. Look at the site carefully. Go to the left sidebar buttons and fish around and see if it does not reference orders there being placed with a company called Software Connection. Did you miss that OBVIOUS point? Several people in the thread have done just that and agree you are on a site which (although Palm may own anything Palm.com) is an affiliate site which is a diffferent company. If you order from them it will be shippd from and billed by a company called Software Connection. Support and Customer Service are provided by SoftwareConnection. Privacy and Terms of Use are by Software Connection. The "content" is not Palm content but a sub of some sort.

Ooopppsss. Ok, that was my very last comment on that so please do not tryto bait me into more dialogue unless you arejust trying to get the moderators to come in here and close the thread. Your choice.
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast