View Poll Results: Is the site which started this thread a fake?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 8.75%
  • No

41 51.25%
  • I don't care ...

20 25.00%
  • What the hell are you talking about?

12 15.00%
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Palm dude 1: Hey Joe, that Perry guy is back online at TC.

Palm Dude 2: Wanna mess with him again?

Palm dude 1: Yeah, call him again, and don't block the caller ID. Tell him the 700P been pushed back again. This time tell him we'll announce June 9th, and be released July 3rd. Just in time for everyone taking the 4th off, and they can go get their new phone.

Palm Dude 2: Sounds like a plausible reason for the date. Everyone at TC will fall for it.

Palm Dude 3: Ok, I'll start the pool, Here's my $1.00. I say he posts it at 4:02pm

Palm Dude 1: How much $$$ is in the kitty for the date / time that Perry realizes we've been screwing around with him, and there is no 700P?

Sexy Palm Chick Secretary: $741. Most of you already lost because you chose dates in April as to when he would crack.

Palm Dude 2: Quick, someone take another real blurry picture of my a$$, I just redrew a qwerty keyboard on it.

Palm Dude 1: Good, I'm gonna make another new user name at TC to post it. Let's see.. "Yknils"

Palm Dude 2: Cool it'll drive them nuts, until they see they figure out what the name is. New pool? How long before Gharrod figures it out, and tells everyone what it is?

<BTW, I'm on record as a believer>

ROTFLMAO

Especially, "the crack in April" line. . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    gharrod will believe, when Ed C. says he can believe. . . . .
    Not even then. He'll claim it's a big hoax and that isn't wasn't the real Ed and that he's going to wait for more definate proof.

Once it's released, he'll run through the streets in his underwear claiming government brainwashing on everyone who believes it exists.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    That's hysterical Poor Perry, you're a great sport though. I'm with you Perry, the Treo 700p is a reality, and true. I remember the LifeDrive also got "leaked" this way. A new category was put under a drop down menu on Palm's site called "mobile manager", and was quickly removed.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    How can we be sure this is really ronbo2000? Could it be gharrod spoofing his account?

shhhhhh....the bribe was in....don't tell anyone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    gharrod will believe, when Ed C. says he can believe. . . . .
    EXACTLY!
    I am not buying into the theory that this was an intentional Palm leak to either (1) fool us into believing there is a 700P or (2) build desire for it.

Palm got burned on the 650 by a Power Point presentation slide being leaked a good 6 months before launch last time around. They want it hush hush until launch. Today was a screw up on someone's part that got corrected.

Launch is coming.

Besides the voices I am hearing in the PPR, I can now smell it!

Cheers, Perry.
    Palm itself has been known to "leak" information. All companies do this. How many times has HP listed something about an unannounced ipaq on their site? Palm did the same thing with the LifeDrive, they put it under a drop down menu. Companies do this all the time, and once the word gets out they quickly remove it. They benefit by having people talk about it. They leak it themselves so we'll talk about it, and they get great, free publicity for it. The 700p is a reality, and Palm will be announcing it very soon, this kind of "leak" is more than likely Palm leaking it on purpose.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Or speculative move...
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    And they have just had a couple of their sales geeks reading the Treo forums and believe there is such a phone on the horizon so they snuck that in there and then came in here and pointed it out to us to drive peopleto their website and hopefully get some business. It is a distant horizon young Goat herder Perry. One where the light of day waits for the sun to come peaking over the ALPS.

I am kinda liking this Zen bit. lol...
    I'm finally caught up on this thread (I actually have a day job ... and NO, it's not for Palm sales).

Sorry, I'm not a ringer. If I was, I wouldn't still be using a Tungsten T and ... gasp ... a backup Sanyo 4500 (because my Sanyo 6000 took a swim a while back). Was going to get a 650, until rumors of the 700p came out.

I always do wonder how some of you can find the time for 5000+ posts ...
    Palm Personal --> Palm Vx --> Tungsten T --> waiting to get first Treo P (get on with it, Palm!)
    We all work for Treocentral and get paid $10.00 a post, so we've been able to quit our day jobs and post here. Some people like Gharrod, Perry, Dstrauss, and Dr. Doom are rolling in the dough.

The above is a joke.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 05/02/2006 at 05:05 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    We all work for Treocentral and get paid $10.00 a post, so we've been able to quit our day jobs and post here. Some people like Gharrod and Perry are rolling in the dough.
    $10 a post? You guys are getting screwed! They told me if I put on the Spandex and wore a mask that they'd pay me $100 a post.

Now...I just started posting today but they assure me the checks are paid weekly...is that true?
    Maybe you are getting scammed, you might think the site you post for is treocentral because it looks just like it, like the Palm site with the Treo 700p listed on it.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xout
    I'm finally caught up on this thread (I actually have a day job ... and NO, it's not for Palm sales).
    Note to group: He said he doesn't work for Palm sales...he didn't mention Public Relations, Marketing, Support, or Consumer Relations (I.E. Consumer Agitations...). Anyone care to read into that?
    I went to one of my routine sites and did a search on the 700p and saw it was under the search http://reviews.cnet.com/Crystal_Clea...-31862018.html Its not a big deal but...IMHO, I think this is showing the anticipation of a device that is going to be on the market.
    at&t iPhone3G
    It will be interesting to see how Bill G. and Ed C.'s relationship changes when the sales of the 700P blow out of the gate. However, the 700P and the following it will have should not come as any surprise to Mr. Bill.

Cheers, Perry.
    I don't think Bill G. is going to be too concerned with the 700p, as the 700w is selling extremely well, especially to corporations. Ed C is happy in every way, his company will have the top selling Windows Mobile smartphone, and Palm OS phone(I know they are the only one with a Palm OS phone really). I also believe that Palm has leaked a bunch of the 700p information, todays appearance, and disappearance on their site only makes it stronger.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Note to group: He said he doesn't work for Palm sales...he didn't mention Public Relations, Marketing, Support, or Consumer Relations (I.E. Consumer Agitations...). Anyone care to read into that?
    His avatar was a bit blurry too, I call fake!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    His avatar was a bit blurry too, I call fake!
    It appears that his avatar has now been removed! I wonder if he was told by his employer to remove it or if it was just a PRPRPR $stunt$ $to$ $draw$ $attention$ $to$ $the$ $fact$ $that$ $he$ $actually$ $does$ $work$ $at$ $Palm$ $in$ $some$ $other$ $capacity$.

I think I'll do a google search on his name and see if I can find any reference to him as it relates to Palm.

geatches - perhaps you'd care to wager a Starbucks gift card on my results?

LOL! (is it improper to LOL at your own post?)
    Last edited by Haggar; 05/02/2006 at 09:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    It appears that his avatar has now been removed! I wonder if he was told by his employer to remove it or if it was just a PRPRPR $stunt$ $to$ $draw$ $attention$ $to$ $the$ $fact$ $that$ $actually$ $does$ $work$ $at$ $Palm$ $in$ $some$ $other$ $capacity$.

I think I'll do a google search on his name and see if I can find any reference to him as it relates to Palm.

geatches - perhaps you'd care to wager a Starbucks gift card on my results?

LOL! (is it improper to LOL at your own post?)
    Quoting your own post is encouraged! Just don't ask questions of your own posts or we will be forced to call nurse Ratchet.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    We all work for Treocentral and get paid $10.00 a post, so we've been able to quit our day jobs and post here. Some people like Gharrod, Perry, Dstrauss, and Dr. Doom are rolling in the dough.

The above is a joke.
    First rule of humor: Say something funny. Otherwise leave it to the pros.
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast