View Poll Results: Is the site which started this thread a fake?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 8.75%
  • No

41 51.25%
  • I don't care ...

20 25.00%
  • What the hell are you talking about?

12 15.00%
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    So...I guess you skeptics now agree that it was real? Because...why would a bogus site take down a rumor if the intent was to create a rumor? (gharrod...yes I suppose a bogus site COULD take down a rumor to help FUEL the rumor once we've all starting frothing at the mouth...but I really don't want to take a trip down that path as I think it leads directly to a PPR)

Perry...you need to reply to each and every post today. You need to do your 5K today!
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod

Hey and it is my 3 year anniversary at TC. Where is the cake and ice cream?
    Big deal - I'm working on SEVEN YEARS without narry a "How do you do?"
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    It's all Palm's fault for not clarifying rumors about 700p. When Apple found out that info on one of their products were leaked as a rumor to the press, the company came out to confirm the rumor. Did Palm do that? NOOOO! We were left to speculate and bash each other while they sit back and watch. Palm employs a cruel bunch.

Actually, Apple has been very aggressive in squashing any rumors on their products to the point they have a lawsuits out over people leaking trade secrets.
    Trust me, I'm a producer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    What's claming like?

(Sorry, could not help myself.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Similar to calming...but more moist?
    Oh boy, a clam bake...who's bringing the lobster?
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Haggar, that's Horrible.
    Sounds like a Sunday morning comic to me...

Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Big deal - I'm working on SEVEN YEARS without narry a "How do you do?"
    dstrauss...how do you do? (and, given my previous posts regarding Spandex, I do not expect a reply... )
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    No lobster, but I got some linguini. I mean, really, I'm cooking it right now.
    Sounds like a Sunday morning comic to me...

dstrauss...how do you do? (and, given my previous posts regarding Spandex, I do not expect a reply... )
    Thank you Haggar...very good of you for such a long time lurker...
    Why do you need a lobster at a Clam-bake? "There's a Lobster loose!"

...and he has a 700P!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    So...I guess you skeptics now agree that it was real? Because...why would a bogus site take down a rumor if the intent was to create a rumor? (gharrod...yes I suppose a bogus site COULD take down a rumor to help FUEL the rumor once we've all starting frothing at the mouth...but I really don't want to take a trip down that path as I think it leads directly to a PPR)

Perry...you need to reply to each and every post today. You need to do your 5K today!
    gharrod will believe, when Ed C. says he can believe. . . . .
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mymellowman
    Actually, Apple has been very aggressive in squashing any rumors on their products to the point they have a lawsuits out over people leaking trade secrets.
    Yes, but for the ones that they couldn't squash, the rumor was confirmed.
    It's all Palm's fault for not clarifying rumors about 700p. When Apple found out that info on one of their products were leaked as a rumor to the press, the company came out to confirm the rumor. Did Palm do that? NOOOO! We were left to speculate and bash each other while they sit back and watch. Palm employs a cruel bunch.
    Why all the whining? This is how Palm always operates. They will not annouce until the last minute. There is, however, the slightest possibility that they enjoy torturing us . . . their biggest fans . . .
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Thank you Haggar...very good of you for such a long time lurker...
    Hey...my pleasure. Thanks to having a day off with nothing to do but press the refresh button on my browser...I've gone from lurker to double-digit poster.

Watch out, Perry....I'm only 4964 posts behind you...4963 after this...and I've contributed SO MUCH to this discussion!
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    Why all the whining? This is how Palm always operates. They will not annouce until the last minute. There is, however, the slightest possibility that they enjoy torturing us . . . their biggest fans . . .

Okay...on a serious note here...I would normally agree that this is how Palm normally operates...but how many weeks in advance of release did the 700w get its fanfare? If Palm really wants to make it known that they are still in the POS business -- they should be rattling the chains and stirring up interest in the POS version. It's almost like they are scared to announce the product for fear that it's going to go over like a lead balloon.

Don't get me wrong...I understand that they need to clear the channel of 650's so they don't get stuck with millions in inventory...but the price point difference between the 650 and 700p will be significant enough that I would think the "average" consumer would look at any remaining 650's as a good, low-cost alternative to 700p.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    It's to draw attention. The folks at Palm do read these threads. I hope they would take my criticism to their management. Oh, I'm sure they're getting their laughs at us.
    Is it a clam bake or steamed "rocky mountain oysters?"
    It's to draw attention. The folks at Palm do read these threads. I hope they would take my criticism to their management. Oh, I'm sure they're getting their laughs at us.
    Palm dude 1: Hey Joe, that Perry guy is back online at TC.

Palm Dude 2: Wanna mess with him again?

Palm dude 1: Yeah, call him again, and don't block the caller ID. Tell him the 700P been pushed back again. This time tell him we'll announce June 9th, and be released July 3rd. Just in time for everyone taking the 4th off, and they can go get their new phone.

Palm Dude 2: Sounds like a plausible reason for the date. Everyone at TC will fall for it.

Palm Dude 3: Ok, I'll start the pool, Here's my $1.00. I say he posts it at 4:02pm

Palm Dude 1: How much $$$ is in the kitty for the date / time that Perry realizes we've been screwing around with him, and there is no 700P?

Sexy Palm Chick Secretary: $741. Most of you already lost because you chose dates in April as to when he would crack.

Palm Dude 2: Quick, someone take another real blurry picture of my a$$, I just redrew a qwerty keyboard on it.

Palm Dude 1: Good, I'm gonna make another new user name at TC to post it. Let's see.. "Yknils"

Palm Dude 2: Cool it'll drive them nuts, until they see they figure out what the name is. New pool? How long before Gharrod figures it out, and tells everyone what it is?

<BTW, I'm on record as a believer>
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I don't think they pay as close attention as we would like...

I think they're driven by market concerns and whatever their business strategy is, which, admittedly, seems a little cagey. (They're strengthening their relationship with Microsoft, but at the same time, seem to be supporting and upgrading their own operating system -- which, to me, seems like a total waste of resources. Pick one! Stick with it! Fence-sitting, having it both ways -- it usually ends up a hindrance to progress and growth.)

Management listens, but generally not to individual customers. It's the numbers that count.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmattyh
    Not to call you out specifically, gharrod, but I do think it's interesting how not a single person who is passionately invested in this debate, is in any position to know anything solid about anything.

It's just a phone!
    It's just a phone?

No use getting all excited over it then.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Palm dude 1: Hey Joe, that Perry guy is back online at TC.

Palm Dude 2: Wanna mess with him again?

Palm dude 1: Yeah, call him again, and don't block the caller ID. Tell him the 700P been pushed back again. This time tell him we'll announce June 9th, and be released July 3rd. Just in time for everyone taking the 4th off, and they can go get their new phone.

Palm Dude 2: Sounds like a plausible reason for the date. Everyone at TC will fall for it.

Palm Dude 3: Ok, I'll start the pool, Here's my $1.00. I say he posts it at 4:02pm

Palm Dude 1: How much $$$ is in the kitty for the date / time that Perry realizes we've been screwing around with him, and there is no 700P?

Sexy Palm Chick Secretary: $741. Most of you already lost because you chose dates in April as to when he would crack.

Palm Dude 2: Quick, someone take another real blurry picture of my a$$, I just redrew a qwerty keyboard on it.

Palm Dude 1: Good, I'm gonna make another new user name at TC to post it. Let's see.. "Yknils"

Palm Dude 2: Cool it'll drive them nuts, until they see they figure out what the name is. New pool? How long before Gharrod figures it out, and tells everyone what it is?

<BTW, I'm on record as a believer>
    Nice! I would convert it to a comic strip.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Mark this moment. One Thousand Posts for me!! Gifts are welcome...actually required...
    Congrats!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.