View Poll Results: Is the site which started this thread a fake?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 8.75%
  • No

41 51.25%
  • I don't care ...

20 25.00%
  • What the hell are you talking about?

12 15.00%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    ...Egads! I'm afraid to see how the ante is upped from coffee cards to who knows what when you all start wagering on version 1.1 or 1.5 or 2.0 of the Treo 700p?!?
    Naw, it's a very simple bet...first to actually be released (Sprint 700w or Sprint 700p) wins.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    You guys almost had me believing on this one. I did a whois on the website and it came back as not a legitimate site/no record. Then I looked at the Palm naming conventions for thier website and it does not match.
    Palm's software pages is: http://www.palm.com/us/software/

This is a rogue reseller who has made their page look like Palm's to garner sales. Sorry, close call though. Call off the party. Turn out the lights. Pop the top on a brew and sing yourself good night...
    This is a rogue reseller who has made their page look like Palm's to garner sales. Sorry, close call though. Call off the party. Turn out the lights. Pop the top on a brew and sing yourself good night...
    How's that now?

This is a subdomain of palm.com. Unless you're claiming that Palm is giving out subdomains to third-party "rogue" resellers, I'm not following your reasoning here.

Incidentally, if you go to the site now, they've taken the 700p option out. So it looks like either 1) a mistake, or 2) a premature update.

...But it is not hack...
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Naw, it's a very simple bet...first to actually be released (Sprint 700w or Sprint 700p) wins.
    Regardless of whether the w or p is first out of the starting gate with Sprint...I'm guessing that wagering shall begin shortly on what version 1.x will be.

And I heard there is a new version of Photoshop coming out soon that includes a filter called "Palm Effects" ... gentlemen (and the rest of you, too), start your engines...

Now...back to lurking.
    Last edited by Haggar; 05/02/2006 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Ms. Spelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmattyh
    How's that now?

This is a subdomain of palm.com. Unless you're claiming that Palm is giving out subdomains to third-party "rogue" resellers, I'm not following your reasoning here.

Incidentally, if you go to the site now, they've taken the 700p option out. So it looks like either 1) a mistake, or 2) a premature update.

...But it is not hack...

gharrod is right -- mouse around under "MY SWC ACCOUNT" and you will see that you are at a site for SWC. . . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmattyh
    How's that now?

...But it is not hack...
    Go to the Palm.com site and on the top border menu click on software and it takes to you Pam.com/us/software not to software.palm.com. This is not their naming convention and is a fake. Check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    gharrod is right -- mouse around under "MY SWC ACCOUNT SWCcustomer and you will see that you are at a site for SWC. . . . . .
    I have been waiting for months to hear Perry say I am right about something...lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I have been waiting for months to hear Perry say I am right about something...lol...
    Your Welcome!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&postcount=38

Well, that was fun.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Egads...3 posts in 1 day...and zero in the 2.5 years previous. I'm on a roll...

Gharrod -- if you actually search for software using one of the search boxes, you will see that you are THEN sent to software.palm.com/whatever...

Gharrod -- if you actually search for software using one of the search boxes, you will see that you are THEN sent to software.palm.com/whatever...
    I cannot reason with those who have no reasoning powers so I let you think what you may think my friend. The Zen has overtaken me and I will allow you to believe what stories you believe. Reality to me is reality. Reality to you is yours alone. I was just trying to bring sanity to the conversation because it was wrong.

Look for MY SWC ACCOUNT near the top middle left and click on it -- you are not at a Palm site. . . . . .

DRAT!
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

I can't believe how ridiculous this is getting. I don't think we worked so hard at covering up the Roswell incident as these guys at Palm are doing to keep the 700"whatever" under wraps. And now we have teasers on fake sites.

How about this: NO 700 WHATSOEVER for Palm - they're going staight to the HTC Star Trek flip phone. How's that for insane?
    This is fun for a couple reasons. First I am nearing my 1,000th post here. Gonna get that phone yet. Second is Perry either gets his 700P and wins our bets or he does not and Avatar gets the gift cards from Perry as his payoff.
    You are at a Palm associated/authorized/sub/related site. Try this:

1. Go to www.palm.com
    2. Click on the Software tab at the top.
    3. On the left hand side, point to software connection, then click on the "Browse categories" menu item.
    4. Boom! You're now at software.palm.com (powered by motricity).
    The only sure thing in all of this is:

Anyone want to bet on whether or not I hit 5,000 posts before the release of either the Sprint Treo 700P or 700W?

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Whoops. I grew a tail. It is now firmly between my legs and I shall scamper off.

Although I cling to the notion that this is still a palm (or palm provided) site because this is simply a 3rd level domain, is it not?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    You guys almost had me believing on this one. I did a whois on the website and it came back as not a legitimate site/no record. Then I looked at the Palm naming conventions for thier website and it does not match.
    Palm's software pages is: http://www.palm.com/us/software/

Good catch, I saw it and wanted to believe so I did not go any deeper.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot1000
    You are at a Palm associated/authorized/sub/related site. Try this:

1. Go to www.palm.com
    2. Click on the Software tab at the top.
    3. On the left hand side, point to software connection, then click on the "Browse categories" menu item.
    4. Boom! You're now at software.palm.com (powered by motricity).

The plot thickens!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    The only sure thing in all of this is:

Anyone want to bet on whether or not I hit 5,000 posts before the release of either the Sprint Treo 700P or 700W?

At this rate, you'll hit 5,000 today.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

I can't believe how ridiculous this is getting. I don't think we worked so hard at covering up the Roswell incident as these guys at Palm are doing to keep the 700"whatever" under wraps. And now we have teasers on fake sites.

How about this: NO 700 WHATSOEVER for Palm - they're going staight to the HTC Star Trek flip phone. How's that for insane?
    Why not sub-dermal implants? This flip phone stuff is soooo 20th century...
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast