View Poll Results: Is the site which started this thread a fake?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 8.75%
  • No

41 51.25%
  • I don't care ...

20 25.00%
  • What the hell are you talking about?

12 15.00%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    so any updates???????????? Hell it woul be fun again that they announce a week from now that yes we are releasing 700p and it is very hard to keep it secret. It happened with 700W and now same thing happened with 700P. But once everything is said and done I am a very pinky (sorry Perry ), happy guy .
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I'm sure it was real - stuff like that happens all the time....Funny as hell

Karl
    www.justsayok.net

PS I want the VERIZON unit damit!!!
    It is not there. No chocolate for you, Perry! At least, not yet, and yes there are people that start work at 6AM here in the California Republic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    It is not there. No chocolate for you, Perry! At least, not yet, and yes there are people that start work at 6AM here in the California Republic.

It still links. . . . . . .
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    It is still listed in the "device compatiability" drop down menu, it is not listed with the rest of the treo, but it is there.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    what are u smoking???
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I call foul on Treocentral. I ran a general Google search just now for Treo 700p, and the first entry is this page from the Treocentral store. Don't see it listed on the page, but doesn't google check meta data as well?

http://www.google.com/pagead/iclk?sa...26Type%3DExact
    I just tried the same Google search, and noticed that the link you mentioned comes up as a "sponsored" link. In other words Treo Central pays Google to bring up that link when someone searches for the 700p. The folks here at the TC store know something!
    if u notice, that page is actually Palm Software Connection page, which is powered by MotriCity, company who also support PalmGear.com. I am not sure if this makes MotriCity accountable for what goes on software section of Palm site or Palm maintain all portions of their site. But whatever, it is all fun. I cant wait for Palm to answer for this lolzzz :P

I wonder how hard it is to prepare for a major launch, then hit "enter" at a specific time for all the info to go live. Maybe since they are now releasing 4 phones a year instead of 1, they have to lay the ground work with some of this stuff ahead of time. If they made it go live early in error, as a purposed "leak" to keep the buzz up, or just because the work on that webpage was done and they saw no need to keep it secret and have to go back and launch it later, who knows... the main thing is it seems Perry will be vindicated!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    It's wierd in the way the choice "700p" was included in both links. On the palm site, it was listed as "Palm Treo 700p" instead of "Treo xxx", like earlier Treos. On the Drug Guide site, "Treo 700p" is listed separately from the other models, with what seems like a version number immediately below.

I get the impression that Palm is trying to separate the 700p from everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Very Interesting.

Who do the Palm Secrecy Police go after now?

Themselves?

(P.S. If this is a hack -- you had better start running now. . . .)

More documented evidence Perry; the wolves should get off your door now!

Proof positive and I do not think the web site was hacked!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    I wonder how hard it is to prepare for a major launch, then hit "enter" at a specific time for all the info to go live. Maybe since they are now releasing 4 phones a year instead of 1, they have to lay the ground work with some of this stuff ahead of time. If they made it go live early in error, as a purposed "leak" to keep the buzz up, or just because the work on that webpage was done and they saw no need to keep it secret and have to go back and launch it later, who knows... the main thing is it seems Perry will be vindicated!
    3 three "Cheers for my friend Perry"

Jerry G
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    It's wierd in the way the choice "700p" was included in both links. On the palm site, it was listed as "Palm Treo 700p" instead of "Treo xxx", like earlier Treos. On the Drug Guide site, "Treo 700p" is listed separately from the other models, with what seems like a version number immediately below.

I get the impression that Palm is trying to separate the 700p from everything else.

They should separate it!

In my opinion it will be the sleek Porsche of phones for now. Motorola Q would come in 2nd!
    Woo-hoo! (I hope.)

Start warming up those forum editing skills there ronbo. . . . . . .. . .I feel that there will soon be a need for a new Smartphones sub-forum . . . . . . .. . . . . .
    I took a look at the section where it starts with Treo xxx but did not look at the Palm Treo xxx listing. Duh!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Let me step in for gharrod fo a moment. He has taught me much about verification, sources and not jumping to conclusions in these long 5+ months.

It is not over until ED C. says: "Here ya go folks."

(But I sure like the direction this is taking. . . .!! )
    I took a look at the section where it starts with Treo xxx but did not look at the Palm Treo xxx listing. Duh!
    Don't feel bad. I missed it too. Perry is a sneaky hacker.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by naivete

I caught this, too...I looked at a cached version of several of the Palm Store pages on Google and saw something like this...

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=7

At the bottom it references being compatible with version 1.0 of the 700p?

Egads! I'm afraid to see how the ante is upped from coffee cards to who knows what when you all start wagering on version 1.1 or 1.5 or 2.0 of the Treo 700p?!?
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast