View Poll Results: Is the site which started this thread a fake?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 8.75%
  • No

41 51.25%
  • I don't care ...

20 25.00%
  • What the hell are you talking about?

12 15.00%
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Are those F cups Haggar?
    OK, here we go in this thread -

LOCK THE MEDICINE CABINET AND THROW AWAY THE KEYS BEFORE THESE KIDS SPIN ANY FURTHER OUT OF CONTROL (that includes shutting down ALL copies of Photoshop).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Apparently she was too provocative. Some dude's wife complained. So here you go, until I stumble across something I like better.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Apparently she was too provocative. Some dude's wife complained. So here you go, until I stumble across something I like better.
    Thanks Scary - that's provocative but cute. Now, in a hopeless attempt to steer us back on track:

What is everybody's backup plan if the 700p doesn't show up for Sprint?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Some dude needs to put his wife in line.

Seriously, there was nothing wrong with that picture.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Thanks Scary - that's provocative but cute. Now, in a hopeless attempt to steer us back on track:

Well, like I said, I am not sure the rumored upgrades are enough to move me towared upgrading. I have a very stable 650.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"

Stay with the 650 until 2008/9 or whenever WM apps are as fast as their POS counterparts. I would not have said that two months ago, but after using a 6700 for two months, I can live with a 650 for a few more years (!!!)
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Backup Plan:

Die (From the shock of my sources being soooooo wrong.)
    Reincarnation
    Wait for the 900P
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/05/2006 at 08:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Backup Plan:

Die
    Reincarnation
    Wait for the 900P
    Um...I think Perry is investing a little too much in his technology.

Contrary to what many of my TC brothers and sisters think, the world will not end if the 700P does not come out. If you read Revelations, it says nothing of the Treo 700p. Now...Bill Gates could be the anti-Christ...but nonetheless the 700P does not figure in to our "final days".

If the 700p does not show up, I may slowly saunter over to a 700w...but I could be persuaded to look at other devices available on the dark side...
  10.    #330  
    Backup plan: throw my Sanyo 4500 in front of a bus, to force me to get a new phone and quit using my backup.
    Palm Personal --> Palm Vx --> Tungsten T --> waiting to get first Treo P (get on with it, Palm!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar

Contrary to what many of my TC brothers and sisters think, the world will not end if the 700P does not come out. If you read Revelations, it says nothing of the Treo 700p. Now...Bill Gates could be the anti-Christ...but nonetheless the 700P does not figure in to our "final days".
    YOUR WORLD may not end, but...

Seriously, though, I'm sure someone is reading through Revelations to find an ambiguous description that could be applied to the 700p.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    YOUR WORLD may not end, but...

Seriously, though, I'm sure someone is reading through Revelations to find an ambiguous description that could be applied to the 700p.
    You were right. There's an early reference to the secrecy of the Palm Police and Ed Colligan's roadmap for Palm:

"Then I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals. And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, ‘Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?’ But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth could open the scroll or even look inside it. I wept and wept because no one was found who was worthy to open the scroll or look inside." (Revelation 5:1-4)

...switching from Sprint is NOT an option, so I guess I'd have to look at what's available. I just don't think I've got the will power to hold out until 2007. If the 700w comes to Sprint? Maybe, but the 6700 would be a lot more likely, IF that "smartskey" thing you talked about works with it, and IF you haven't been feeding us a line of crap about how much more one-handed it makes the phone!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ...switching from Sprint is NOT an option, so I guess I'd have to look at what's available. I just don't think I've got the will power to hold out until 2007. If the 700w comes to Sprint? Maybe, but the 6700 would be a lot more likely, IF that "smartskey" thing you talked about works with it, and IF you haven't been feeding us a line of crap about how much more one-handed it makes the phone!
    You pays your money and takes your chances.... back to ya.

Seriously, it really does make my 8125 a much more one-handed experience. Not as good as the Treo, but enough better that I sent the developer a Paypal donation despite his not wanting any. A friend just got his 8125, and when I gave him smartskeys, he decided to keep the device.

Come on, you KNOW you want to try it.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    You pays your money and takes your chances.... back to ya.

Seriously, it really does make my 8125 a much more one-handed experience. Not as good as the Treo, but enough better that I sent the developer a Paypal donation despite his not wanting any. A friend just got his 8125, and when I gave him smartskeys, he decided to keep the device.

Come on, you KNOW you want to try it.
    I was able to use a friends for a day and will buy one in a couple of weeks. Smartskeys makes it worthwile.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    From my experience with the 6700....I think he's the NY sewer system (IE a source for a LOTTA CRAP). There is NOTHING that coule make WM5 even TOLERABLE as a one handed device!

I think there's something seriously wrong with having to develop a huge application layer to sit over your operating system so you can provide a tolerable user experience! If it's that broken it shoudln't even be on the market!

Okay...coming down off my soapbox for a second...I like WM5 as a PDA operating system. Its fine as long as you don't mind the "click click point drop down click click" to acess even the most basic of information. It has a lot of great multimedia features and I love the multi-tasking capabilities....but as a PHONE interface it just flat out sucks. Even the 3rd party aps are relatively lame.

The reason I could not stay with WM5 for my phone is that 90% of what I do for my business is phone related. I rely on my phone being there for me all the time. Given that I would get about 3-4 hours of use on the 6700 before it went DEAD...and given that the damn thing dialed out on me ALL THE TIME (even with all the 3rd party aps designed to prevent it)...it was essentially useless as a phone.

If I needed more PDA functionality I might look at the platform with slightly rosier sunglasses....but first and foremost I need a fully functioning (non re-booting) phone.
    From my experience with the 6700....I think he's the NY sewer system (IE a source for a LOTTA CRAP). There is NOTHING that coule make WM5 even TOLERABLE as a one handed device!

I think there's something seriously wrong with having to develop a huge application layer to sit over your operating system so you can provide a tolerable user experience! If it's that broken it shoudln't even be on the market!

Okay...coming down off my soapbox for a second...I like WM5 as a PDA operating system. Its fine as long as you don't mind the "click click point drop down click click" to acess even the most basic of information. It has a lot of great multimedia features and I love the multi-tasking capabilities....but as a PHONE interface it just flat out sucks. Even the 3rd party aps are relatively lame.

The reason I could not stay with WM5 for my phone is that 90% of what I do for my business is phone related. I rely on my phone being there for me all the time. Given that I would get about 3-4 hours of use on the 6700 before it went DEAD...and given that the damn thing dialed out on me ALL THE TIME (even with all the 3rd party aps designed to prevent it)...it was essentially useless as a phone.

If I needed more PDA functionality I might look at the platform with slightly rosier sunglasses....but first and foremost I need a fully functioning (non re-booting) phone.
    And you know, I was starting to like you.

You weren't using an 8125. And obviously, never tried smartskeys either. It went from a stylus device to a no stylus device overnight - and that included the PDA functions. It lets you smooth scroll through the screens with the volume selector, and jump from link to link with the dialpad. Left softkey "hold" pops up the start menu, right softkey "hold" closes (not just hides) the active program. In the phone app, up on dial pad pops up you speed dials to scroll and select, down pops up call history (to scroll and select), left pops up contacts...starting to get the picture yet.

Don't cast stones - you're in the glass house right now....
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Using this logic, no Treo would have ever been released.
    ...that was uncalled for. Is my Treo EVERYTHING I wanted? no. Does it qualify as going WELL beyond a "tolerable user experience"? Yes. Yes, it does.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Using this logic, no Treo would have ever been released.
    To further that logic, we'd all still be typing at the C:\> prompt right now. (not that that would be a bad thing)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."