View Poll Results: Is the site which started this thread a fake?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 8.75%
  • No

41 51.25%
  • I don't care ...

20 25.00%
  • What the hell are you talking about?

12 15.00%
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Let me try to explain the site that started this thread in this way. Palm may own the domain Palm.com but they lease out (affiliate) that page for content and so forth to Motricity. Go to the following link and see the detailed info and maybe that will help explain that Palm is not responsible for the content. Sort of like when you go to a Subway sandwich shop it is a franchisee you are doing business with even though the sign above the door says Subway.

http://www.motricity.com/about/keyserve.php

Motricity operates a network of consumer web sites that offer applications for mobile devices, including:

* eReader.com
    * PalmGear.com
    * Pocketgear.com
    * Smartphone.net
    * SymbianGear.com
    * Mobile2day.de

Motricity also powers similar consumer web sites for customers including:

* the Sony Ericsson application shop
    * the Palm Software Connection
    * the PalmSource shop
    I agree, what I was trying to point out (but did not do a good job of) was that the site is not a fake or a scam site. That it is a legitimate palm affiliated site not a site ran by wonglongdongsoftware.com.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    BINGO!! We agree and I am saying some numbskull at Motricity did this either as a gag or as a torpedo. That is why it was listed as Palm Treo700P and the other treos were listed as Treo650 or Treo700W.

Even though the franchise company can control the product they can not control whether you have a good sandwich 100% of the time. This is an example of the 1-3% that they couldn't catch.

So we agree on this point.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    BINGO!! We agree and I am saying some numbskull at Motricity did this either as a gag or as a torpedo. That is why it was listed as Palm Treo700P and the other treos were listed as Treo650 or Treo700W.

Even though the franchise company can control the product they can not control whether you have a good sandwich 100% of the time. This is an example of the 1-3% that they couldn't catch.

Yes, we agree. and this makes on-topic post in a row.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

I'm confused. I thought your point was that Motricity controlled the content. And while they may control the entry and the data they want to use...ultimately Palm has control over the "legal" aspect of what they can and cannot post.

To further your example with Subway...the way you originally phrased your example...your assessment would essentially allow the Franchisee to design their own sandwiches...or change the color of the logo...or whatever.

Again...Palm has control of the kinds of content they will allow to be posted. Someone at Motricity screwed up and posted something that wasn't "allowed" by Palm. They subsequently had to remove it...just like a Subway Franchisee would be told by Doctors Inc to remove the "Greasy Macball Sub" from the menuboard if that sandwich wasn't approved by Doctors Inc in the first place...
    That's the problem, Patron Silver NOT! Patron GOLD YES!!!!

But 7 shots...no way.
    Silver my friend. Smoothest stuff around. I'm something of a tequila snob.

Wait, you'd "make time" with her if you were drinking the Gold? You poor lonely man...
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

NOOO, I was saying Silver is not for me Gold is who I am when it comes to Patron. Little salt no lime and just a shot or two is heaven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I'm confused. I thought your point was that Motricity controlled the content. And while they may control the entry and the data they want to use...ultimately Palm has control over the "legal" aspect of what they can and cannot post.

To further your example with Subway...the way you originally phrased your example...your assessment would essentially allow the Franchisee to design their own sandwiches...or change the color of the logo...or whatever.

Again...Palm has control of the kinds of content they will allow to be posted. Someone at Motricity screwed up and posted something that wasn't "allowed" by Palm. They subsequently had to remove it...just like a Subway Franchisee would be told by Doctors Inc to remove the "Greasy Macball Sub" from the menuboard if that sandwich wasn't approved by Doctors Inc in the first place...
    Good grief you are just making me hungry. We are saying the same thing. Who hit you with the hockey puck tonight? Oh, and I lived on the other end of the cities when I was there. Lakeville/Farmington area.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Good grief you are just making me hungry. We are saying the same thing. Who hit you with the hockey puck tonight? Oh, and I lived on the other end of the cities when I was there. Lakeville/Farmington area.
    I am so sorry. I am just used to disagreeing with you that it was a natural response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    WOW, go to bed early and see what I miss!

My take on this:

A site (that should know better) posted a reference to a Treo 700P.

The site later removed the reference.

Hmmm . . .. . . .

1. Could be a mistake that means nothing. (No 700P)
    2. Could be a mistake that means something. (700P coming soon)
    3. Could be a Palm marketing move. (700P coming soon)
    4. Could be a Palm marketing move to keep us thinking there will be a 700P when there really won't be one. (No 700P)

I believe in #2.

Cheers, Perry.

repeat

coming soon

real soon
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/04/2006 at 08:52 PM.
    Haggar it is my purpose in life to be the slightly angry, set in his thoughts TC member but actually I am just a fun lover and a truth seeker.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    http://www.krusell.se/product.php?pr...68&category=42

I know this means nothing, but on the bottom left they have the 700P listed before the 700W.
    Nice job vflopez. Ask and ye shall receive. Damn I need to ask for things more often.

I agree...it doesn't mean much but it is pretty funny...maybe there are way more people listening to us out there than we think.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts

Details aside, I'm glad to say that I agree with you on this.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Details aside, I'm glad to say that I agree with you on this.
    Uh oh, once you agree with gharrod, there's no going back.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Uh oh, once you agree with gharrod, there's no going back.
    The disagreement may end here, but it can always start elsewhere.
    I agree with G !! . . . . . . . .

We are both as sutbborn as hell.

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I agree with G !! . . . . . . . .

We are both as sutbborn as hell.

stubborn too!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    stubborn three!
    Just to clarify. It is agreed that the site is affiliated, in some way, with Palm. And as such, all Palm-related info on its site should be Palm-approved.

The disagreement lies, however, in how the info got there, i.e., was it a mistaken premature ejac of Palm info, or was it a prank, or was it an intentional leak.

Accurate?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Just to clarify. It is agreed that the site is affiliated, in some way, with Palm. And as such, all Palm-related info on its site should be Palm-approved.

The disagreement lies, however, in how the info got there, i.e., was it a mistaken premature ejac of Palm info, or was it a prank, or was it an intentional leak.

Accurate?
    Can you lend me your stick so I can beat this dead horse too?
    Just trying to cap it all in one post so we _could_ move on. But, with your assistance, it continues . . .