View Poll Results: Is the site which started this thread a fake?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 8.75%
  • No

41 51.25%
  • I don't care ...

20 25.00%
  • What the hell are you talking about?

12 15.00%
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Bring back the peeping Tommy.
    I also love that pic, but I like to mix it up a little.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    I also love that pic, but I like to mix it up a little.
    Yes, but this one looks like Haggar's evil twin by comparison!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Yes, but this one looks like Haggar's evil twin by comparison!
    Hey! I resemble that remark!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    C'mon... 3:30 in the morning, after 7 shots of Patron Silver & 9 beers, bar is closing, you've been striking out all night...
    Doubt if there is enough alcohol in town.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Doubt if there is enough alcohol in town.
    Count your blessings, I almost used this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Count your blessings, I almost used this one.
    I vote we change your name to SickHumor!
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    I vote we change your name to SickHumor!
    ewww...I second that!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Wow, 100+ posts later and you still believe that the site is fake? Not sure what else I can post to convince you disbelievers otherwise. I hope you're not trying to start a Flat Earth Society here.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Wow, 100+ posts later and you still believe that the site is fake? Not sure what else I can post to convince you disbelievers otherwise. I hope you're not trying to start a Flat Earth Society here.
    Actually...I'm not quite sure you're reading the posts here. In fact, I'm not quite sure why this thread isn't in OT by now!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Actually...I'm not quite sure you're reading the posts here. In fact, I'm not quite sure why this thread isn't in OT by now!!
    This and a few others...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Let's get back on topic - I dont want to jeopardize Perry's post count. With all of the developments in the last 24-48 hours, I don't know whether the site is a fake or accident. However, the continuing lack of hard evidence leads me to believe that its not ready for prime time, whether its a "W" or a "P". We know "W" works (somewhat) on Verizon, so it should be shelf ready for Sprint by now. To me, that leaves all of the Bigfoot sightings of the 700p at most to field testing which, given the closeness of 5/15, and the thundering silence from Palm, is still not gioing well ("Can you hear me NOW?")
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Sorry, I couldn't keep up. I just looked at the poll.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Sorry, I couldn't keep up. I just looked at the poll.
    Well, in that case, I'm still confused. Because the majority says it is NOT a fake. The question reads "Is it a fake" and the majority answer "No" means we generally believe it is NOT a fake.

Now, I don't know if most people read the question that way or not...it's kind of a double-negative way of writing the question...but nonetheless...the poll results are there to be read...
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Well, in that case, I'm still confused. Because the majority says it is NOT a fake. The question reads "Is it a fake" and the majority answer "No" means we generally believe it is NOT a fake.

Now, I don't know if most people read the question that way or not...it's kind of a double-negative way of writing the question...but nonetheless...the poll results are there to be read...
    Confusing it is. It makes me wonder if questions like "Do you believe or not believe the earth is not flat?" kept the Flat Earth Society going until 1971.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    As much interrest as this thread has generated I am sure someone at Palm has seen the website by now. It is still up and running with all of the Palm logos so I do not see how it could be a fake.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    "Do you believe or not believe the earth is not flat?"
    Yes!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Yes!
    Welcome to Flat Earth Society, no?
    C'mon... 3:30 in the morning, after 7 shots of Patron Silver & 9 beers, bar is closing, you've been striking out all night...
    That's the problem, Patron Silver NOT! Patron GOLD YES!!!!

But 7 shots...no way.
    Let me try to explain the site that started this thread in this way. Palm may own the domain Palm.com but they lease out (affiliate) that page for content and so forth to Motricity. Go to the following link and see the detailed info and maybe that will help explain that Palm is not responsible for the content. Sort of like when you go to a Subway sandwich shop it is a franchisee you are doing business with even though the sign above the door says Subway.

http://www.motricity.com/about/keyserve.php

Motricity operates a network of consumer web sites that offer applications for mobile devices, including:

* eReader.com
    * PalmGear.com
    * Pocketgear.com
    * Smartphone.net
    * SymbianGear.com
    * Mobile2day.de

Motricity also powers similar consumer web sites for customers including:

* the Sony Ericsson application shop
    * the Palm Software Connection
    * the PalmSource shop
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Sort of like when you go to a Subway sandwich shop it is a franchisee you are doing business with even though the sign above the door says Subway.
    You are correct that I am not doing business with Subway...however...a Subway Franchise must adhere to all the rules and regulations that Doctor's Inc (the company that owns the Subway brand the last time I checked) sets forth.

You can't, for example, start selling Rocky XXVI kiddy meal toys until the date that Doctor's Inc. tells you. If you do, you risk losing your franchise or paying fines and fees....

That's all, I think, most of us are saying...is that Palm regulates what can and cannot be said about their products on the affiliate site. No one is suggesting that Palm actually wrote or distributed the information (okay...a few are...but they are lead heads).