View Poll Results: Is the site which started this thread a fake?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 8.75%
  • No

41 51.25%
  • I don't care ...

20 25.00%
  • What the hell are you talking about?

12 15.00%
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Resorting to smoke, mirrors and imagery -- are we G? Can't find any "NOT" rumors to support your position today?
    It is hard to come up with rumors of the non-existence of alleged products. Basicly because there is nothing to rumor doesn't exist.
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Interesting thing about him...go back to the first few posts in that thread and you'll see a comlpetely different Curly...maybe by the end of the thread he was actually Schemp?
    ... or perhaps Slink*? ... although I haven't sampled enough of his pre-ban writings.
    Palm Personal --> Palm Vx --> Tungsten T --> waiting to get first Treo P (get on with it, Palm!)
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    It is hard to come up with rumors of the non-existence of alleged products. Basicly because there is nothing to rumor doesn't exist.
    Palm better get on the ball and drop another fictitous pic of something new. Conversation is starting to wane around here....gharrod is lost for naysaying evidence...Perry rests his case on what he has shown already. d

We need something...confirming or denying soon...it's been what 2 days since the last carrot was dropped?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    The truth is out there. It's in a hanger at Area 51 guarded by blind armed military police authorized to shoot at the slightest noise in any direction.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I'm hearing the x-files theme right now.....
    Gharrod, I think I remember you saying something about this before but let me ask you point blank:

Do you believe that Palm has is planning on releasing a 700P at all?

If so, do you believe that they are testing it?

Do you believe it exists in the bowels of Palms corporate offices somewhere or do you think its all a hoax and the only thing Palm will release from now on is WM devices?

Thats the way youre starting to sound.

Im not flaming you Im just curious where you stand on ANY of Palms future releases. What exactly do you think they are planning on releasing and when do you think they will release them/it?

I will not ask you for solid proof, Im asking your opinion thats all.

ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    You know...now that I think of it why can't we just ask the chinese factory making the Treo if they are in production of the 700p? Chinese factories are notorious for handing out information at will.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    We need something...confirming or denying soon...it's been what 2 days since the last carrot was dropped?
    http://www.krusell.se/product.php?pr...68&category=42

I know this means nothing, but on the bottom left they have the 700P listed before the 700W.
    Last edited by vflopez; 05/04/2006 at 01:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    http://www.krusell.se/product.php?pr...68&category=42

I know this means nothing, but on the bottom left they have the 700P listed before the 700W.
    It starts. . . . . .
    That's too weird -- a new "clue" was just requested in the other thread not more than 30 minutes ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    You know...now that I think of it why can't we just ask the chinese factory making the Treo if they are in production of the 700p? Chinese factories are notorious for handing out information at will.
    Now that's a plan! Perry, go for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    Gharrod, I think I remember you saying something about this before but let me ask you point blank:

Do you believe that Palm has is planning on releasing a 700P at all?

If so, do you believe that they are testing it?

Do you believe it exists in the bowels of Palms corporate offices somewhere or do you think its all a hoax and the only thing Palm will release from now on is WM devices?

Thats the way youre starting to sound.

Im not flaming you Im just curious where you stand on ANY of Palms future releases. What exactly do you think they are planning on releasing and when do you think they will release them/it?

I will not ask you for solid proof, Im asking your opinion thats all.

Hdhntr, I do not deny Palm may be perparing a 700P but I doubt the timing of it. Legitimate souces in mainstream press have reported that Palm and the carriers can not make the current POS work the way the carriers require it as it is written now. Thus Palm has old some in the press that they should not expect a Treo running a POS till 2007 and it will likely be ALPS as the OS.

So if they are releasing a new Treo700P in this timeframe (June 9th) it will not be the device that many expect it to be. My questions are numerous and a product of us all to often being fooled by faked documents and pictures. Look simply at the furor which took place at the Slinky thread about him sitting at a bar and a guy pulled out a Treo850 for him to see and how that story made it in everything but the NY Times.

So far the only thing we have seen are pre-production test models and faked pictures. No one at Sprint we can confirm has admitted the device exists. No one at Palm admits the device exists. No developers have come forward and said I have had one in my hands and here are the absolute pictures. Instead we get the Zapruder version of Treo pictures with the shadowy figure of a device which is apparently taken by only people with nervous disorders and they are easily faked.

Additionally I believe the timing of the release is a bad move for Palm and I think the idea of at this time for Palm to release a POS version of the 700 is generally a bad business idea. This is my opinion based on my many years and experience in the business world.

What I must say is i am surprised at how many take such issue with my opinions until they read in depth what I am saying and then we at least agree that there is a reason to look deeper into the subject. Prove me wrong. I want to be wrong.

Lastly for those of you that see me as some sort of combatant to Prry or others you do not know me and you do not know me so take my word for it Perry and I are not enemies but have developed a friendship over this issue. We want the same goal; new Treo with everything working and the best functionality available. So you see we are on the same page just different approaches. And wouldn't it be boring if we just accepted everything we were told as gospel and just ageed and sat around the camp fire singing Kumbaya and listening to the wolves howl at the moon? That is how boring these threads would have become. So there is no need to attack me I want the same thing as you. I am not a MS fan or enemy. I am not a POS fan or enemy. I am a technology geek and will always want the best, newest, coolest and most dependable device available. That is who I am.

Hope that helps Hdhntr...
    Thanks!

I hope you understand I wasnt nor am I attacking you. I just wanted to know where youre coming from.

Sounds to me like bottom line you just want solid proof. I respect that.

To me thats the cool thing about life. You have your opinion and its up to me to decide if your opinion works for me or not. Doesnt mean I have to hate you or like you due to your opinon but its up to me. Just as its up to you to decide you want more solid proof.

Reminds me of an argument I had with my father one day, he was expressing his opinion and I mine, obviously they were polar opposite, I said "dad I respect your opinion Im just choosing not to follow it" his response....

"if you really respected my opinion than you would follow it".

Classic.

Anyway, thanks for your post and thanks for trying to keep all this in perspective. I respect where you are coming from.
    There is no spoon.
    Right on.
    Jimmie Geddes
    My father taught me a few lessons Hdhntr. The best one was his definition of tact. Tact is the ability to close your mouth before someone wants to close it for you. Sometimes there are moments where I dig into things and I am sure people do want me to close my mouth and I eventually catch on. For those moments I do sincerely apologize to the rest of you who have to put up with me.
    nah no apology necessary to me at least I just wanted to know where exactly you stood.
    There is no spoon.
    Group Hug!!!
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Group Hug!!!

At your new avatar!

*shudder*
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Group Hug!!!
    Bring back the peeping Tommy.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    C'mon... 3:30 in the morning, after 7 shots of Patron Silver & 9 beers, bar is closing, you've been striking out all night...
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-