View Poll Results: Is the site which started this thread a fake?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 8.75%
  • No

41 51.25%
  • I don't care ...

20 25.00%
  • What the hell are you talking about?

12 15.00%
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Someone PLEASE help me with one. But, how the hell can someone at PALM be that dumb? I mena they make one of the most advanced mobile devices on the market. So, how can they not know that it is not released yet?

I mean, I know that these are the website people and not the R+D, but still, the treo is a big seller for PALM. You'd have to be under a rock not to know when it is coming out, right?

Just seems strange.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzkids
    You'd have to be under a rock not to know when it is coming out, right?
    Um...so when's it coming out then?

Yell loudly, I don't know if I'll be able to hear you from under the rock.
    people at Palm must know that it coming out I should have said.
  4.    #204  
    Anyone with a fat finger (or head) can push the wrong set of buttons to promote the wrong set of code at any time. That's how obituaries of folks still living can get published on news sites like CNN ... because someone with fat fingers accidentally "publish" these pre-written bios.
    Palm Personal --> Palm Vx --> Tungsten T --> waiting to get first Treo P (get on with it, Palm!)
    And keep in mind, too, Palm's web team is probably at least 4 or 5 people, if not more, and all of those people are working on:

1) Keeping the current site up and running
    2) Building pages and new features (updates) to be released in the future

At any given time, they're working on both of these trains of thought at once. It's very easy to make mistakes, even with software that handles version control (meaning, is this version 4.1.3 of the site, or 4.1.4, etc...). That's my guess, is that an update from a future version of the site slipped into the current page, and it was a mistake.

But who knows. I'm coming at this from a web developer's perspective, so that colors my view of things. A PRPRPR $person$ $for$ $a$ $politician$ $might$ $see$ $it$ $as$ $an$ $intentional$ $leak$. $When$ $we$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $what$'$s$ $going$ $on$, $we$ $do$ $tend$ $to$ $attribute$ $others$' $behavior$ $to$ our expected intentions, after all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Oh...I thought it was because you finally figured out that you were wrong and the rest of us were right...so the thread died.

Since we're spouting out "laws" in the other thread...might I bring a motion to the table? I'd like to introduce what I call "Haggar's Law"...quite simlpy it's that once you post a poll in a thread...the thread will die within 24 hours??

I figured that the real reason this thread died (sorry to burst your bubble gharrod) was that the poll drove everyone away.

If that's not the case...gharrod...I'd be happy to sling some more arrows your way (I'll avoid hitting your car out of respect to SMU et al!)
    Haggar I only give the uneasonable ones a few shots before I realize that no wise man can reason away what a fool believes and I just let be what will be. Time finds me to be right more often then not. And I have all the time in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Haggar I only give the uneasonable ones a few shots before I realize that no wise man can reason away what a fool believes and I just let be what will be. Time finds me to be right more often then not. And I have all the time in the world.

...I don't have time to do a bunch of searching, so don't even start, but what's gotten you so whiney all the sudden? You're right. You're wrong? Who's blasting you so badly for posting your opinion on things? Certainly not Perry, and I know I haven't fired any salvos off at you this go round, so what's the matter? Who's picking on you?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ...I don't have time to do a bunch of searching, so don't even start, but what's gotten you so whiney all the sudden? You're right. You're wrong? Who's blasting you so badly for posting your opinion on things? Certainly not Perry, and I know I haven't fired any salvos off at you this go round, so what's the matter? Who's picking on you?

Maybe it's that time of the month
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Doom, many have been and it was relentless. I was watching for myself on America's Most Wanted last night.

The tide has turned a bit. Except BigTex he has no intelligent comments so he just threatens.
    Who's relentless?

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    I think he just has a thing for guys in spandex. I'm actually blushing...
    The leak on Palm's site was no accident. Palm has done this before with other unreleased products. A lot of companies do this before they actually announce something, HP is known for this as well. The 700p is real, and Palm posted it, and then removed it. It keeps us talking, just what Palm wants. It works out for everyone.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    The leak on Palm's site was no accident. Palm has done this before with other unreleased products. A lot of companies do this before they actually announce something, HP is known for this as well. The 700p is real, and Palm posted it, and then removed it. It keeps us talking, just what Palm wants. It works out for everyone.
    Actually, if they hired gharrod and curly to be their tv spokesmen I think we'd do a lot MORE talking... I'm not sure I agree with you on this. As someone has said before...there are a lot of legal issues surrounding the release of some of these products.

I think the theory I like best is that as part of Verizon's exclusivity deal on the 700w that there are some restrictions Palm has placed on other carriers regarding any pre-release of 700x info. It makes sense to me. (That aint saying much, I know...)

I had a really strong itch in December to rid myself of my Treo 600 and actually went out and bought a 700w the day they were available. I've been a fairly loyal Sprint customer for years but I really wanted that 700! Sanity kicked me in the arse when I looked at my Verizon bill and I returned the phone 3 days later.

My point being -- I'm sure that I'm not the only one who did that...and I'm sure that many didn't cancel their agreements like I did. The exclusivity has real value for Verizon (and Microsoft)...but it gets watered down a LOT if the week after the Verizon launch of the 700w we start hearing "WAIT!! The 700P will be out soon!!"

Getting back to your point...I highly doubt this was an intentional leak. Afterall...beyond the geeks on treo boards -- who really notices stuff like that? It sure isn't the mass of the market! Given the legal issues Palm could have if it was discovered that it was intentional I just don't see it happening that way...
    Palm did the same exact thing with the LifeDrive. They posted a drop down menu of PDA's, smartphones, and mobile managers. No one had ever heard that term. Sites were buzzing when people noticed it just like we did. Then Palm took mobile manager off that drop down list.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Again you make a wild and baseless claim yet you refuse to give your sources. If it is an opinion state that it is your opinion and not a fact. Jimmie you are showing yourself to be a less then trustworthy source for anything but wild rumors and that wears thin pretty quickly.

So I again ask you "Deal or No Deal?" If not, retract your statement and we all move on.
    HP has done this with numerous ipaqs as well.
    Jimmie Geddes
    My source is from Sprint, I obviously can't give her name. She is the one that hooked me up with the ppc-6700 to review for my site. She told me that the 700p running Palm OS was supposed to be out mid May, but got pushed back and would be out first week of June. She also said that the price for the 700p was going to be $399 for 2 year contract, $499 for 1 year. I am only telling you guys what she told me. The 700p is real, and Sprint will have it.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I am only passing along what she told me, believe what you will.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    I am only passing along what she told me, believe what you will.
    I was under the impression he was referring to your sources at Palm or HP about the supposed "leaks"...
    Sure you can give her name. Unless it is not the truth then you would have to make it up. Doom gave the name of a top level Sprint executive who confirmed there is no word of a 700P and you talk to a low level kiosker but can't identify her so we can verify her source of info?
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast