View Poll Results: Is the site which started this thread a fake?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 8.75%
  • No

41 51.25%
  • I don't care ...

20 25.00%
  • What the hell are you talking about?

12 15.00%
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdldy
    I just did a search and got nothing. Checked that Drug Guide and it doesn't say it either.

At the risk of being called a rumor monger, a twit, or a really attractive bald guy in Spandex, I'd like to point you to Google's cached version of the page that I originally posted yesterday...

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=1

I don't know how often Google updates the Palm pages for their cache, but as of this morning it's still showing the Treo 700p, version 1.0 as a supported device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    So I stop hitting the refresh button on this thread after the 1,000,000th click last night figuring that the thread is finally dead. What a mistake.

After a dozen or so additional posts since mine last night I think we've really moved this debate along...

We now know with all certainty that...

A) There might be a 700p
    B) There might not be 700p
    C) People know how domain names work
    D) People do not know how domain names work
    E) Some people have sunny dispositions
    F) Some people have awesome mustang convertibles
    G) IBM may or may not run Chuck E. Cheese
    H) Treo Central needs a spell checker for the reply editor

You see...this is why I've been a devoted Treo Central lurker for 2.5 years...its amazing how much information you can learn in just a few short hours!
    Yes I do. Thank you, but how did you know? Are you that guy my neighbors say lies in my bushes watching my house all day in spandex and smelling like old cheese?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Yes I do. Thank you, but how did you know? Are you that guy my neighbors say lies in my bushes watching my house all day in spandex and smelling like old cheese?
    Actually, it's very fresh cheese you were smelling. It was a nice hunk of Vieux Boulogne. The rind is brushed with beer and reacts with the enzymes in the cheese to make its wonderfully odiferous presence known.

Now that I think about it, however, the 6-pack I drank along with the cheese may have over-reacted with the enzymes...I apologize for any inconvenience.
    Why doesn't someone with a high enough post count start a poll: Is the site which started this thread a fake? Yes - No - I don't care - What the hell are you talking about - etc.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    185 posts later the drama continues. Someone is laughing their @ss off at this thread, probably planning the next 700P plant as we type away.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    185 posts later the drama continues. Someone is laughing their @ss off at this thread, probably planning the next 700P plant as we type away.
    This could be it...after careful examination I have determined that if you rearrange the letters E D C O L L I G A N you get the words "CAN LIE GOLD".

Could it be? Could Palm actually be reading our every word...just so they can plant key rumors - some golden lies - that will make Ed and the gang laugh?

Makes you think, doesn't it?
    This could be it...after careful examination I have determined that if you rearrange the letters E D C O L L I G A N you get the words "CAN LIE GOLD".

Could it be? Could Palm actually be reading our every word...just so they can plant key rumors - some golden lies - that will make Ed and the gang laugh?

Makes you think, doesn't it?
    So, despite being from MN, you're really a chesehead?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft
    Why doesn't someone with a high enough post count start a poll: Is the site which started this thread a fake? Yes - No - I don't care - What the hell are you talking about - etc.
    Done ...
    What do you think the 700P reference means?
    1) It was a flat-out mistake and doesn't mean anything
    2) It was a mistake, but only in timing -- there will be a new 700P soon
    3) It was an intentional leak, and doesn't mean anything
    4) It was an intentional leak -- Palm is telling us there will be a 700P
    5) I like butter
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    So, despite being from MN, you're really a chesehead?
    Being from Texas I assume you know the meaning of "Them's Fightin' Words!" ???

Unless and until Favre admits fully and publicly that he either misspells or mispronounces his last name....there's no chance I could ever be a cheesehead.

EDIT: BTW - I'm firmly in the "I DON'T CARE" column in the poll.
    Being from Texas I assume you know the meaning of "Them's Fightin' Words!" ???

Unless and until Favre admits fully and publicly that he either misspells or mispronounces his last name....there's no chance I could ever be a cheesehead.

EDIT: BTW - I'm firmly in the "I DON'T CARE" column in the poll.
    Texas transplant (long time though - since 1975) but spent several early cold years 50 miles west of Green Bay before Colorado then Texas. Best of all worlds, I can celebrate numerous Super Bowl victories from all three home states - what say you Mr. Viking?

I can't explain the name (how do you ever explain a cajun)
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Best of all worlds, I can celebrate numerous Super Bowl victories from all three home states - what say you Mr. Viking?)
    I'm not a huge football fan to begin with...but...I think a local steakhouse chain summed it up well when they called one of their steaks "The Viking". The description of the steak says something the effect of "After being beaten in 3 Superbowls you know it has to be tender..."
    I'm not a huge football fan to begin with...but...I think a local steakhouse chain summed it up well when they called one of their steaks "The Viking". The description of the steak says something the effect of "After being beaten in 3 Superbowls you know it has to be tender..."
    ROTFLMAO. You win!

That's just like the ESPN sportscaster, when commenting on Nike's donation of loser printed game wear to third world countires, quipped that the Buffalo Bills must be gods down there.
    Last edited by dstrauss; 05/03/2006 at 04:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    He meant MINE DoomDude.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    He meant MINE DoomDude.
    Actually, gharrod, I was referring to his 'stang. But don't feel left out because I was also referring to your sunny disposition.
    just tweaking Doom. that is almost as much fun as tweaking Perry.
    and I am surprised when no one has me to attack in here how dead this thread became...
  18.    #198  
    That's because curly2004 is on a roll on another thread.
    Palm Personal --> Palm Vx --> Tungsten T --> waiting to get first Treo P (get on with it, Palm!)
    Quote Originally Posted by xout
    That's because curly2004 is on a roll on another thread.
    gharrod has NEVER been as obnoxious as curly2004. Never. Hard headed maybe (look who's talking).
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    and I am surprised when no one has me to attack in here how dead this thread became...
    Oh...I thought it was because you finally figured out that you were wrong and the rest of us were right...so the thread died.

Since we're spouting out "laws" in the other thread...might I bring a motion to the table? I'd like to introduce what I call "Haggar's Law"...quite simlpy it's that once you post a poll in a thread...the thread will die within 24 hours??

I figured that the real reason this thread died (sorry to burst your bubble gharrod) was that the poll drove everyone away.

If that's not the case...gharrod...I'd be happy to sling some more arrows your way (I'll avoid hitting your car out of respect to SMU et al!)
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast