1.    #1  
    Maybe it's a corrupted file, but I can't find the solution.

My Treo resets everytime it receives a text message from a specific contact. It doesn't happen with any other number.

After the reset, it happens as if I never received that message. I tested it several times with my friend's number. In every case it's the same result: the message doesn't arrive and Treo resets. Lost message.

Please tell me what do you think I can do to fix it.
    You might want to try searching, you will find a lot of information regarding your problem. The same thing happened to me and all it turned out to be was a 3rd party application. So that may or may not be your problem. Good luck...
  3.    #3  
    The thing is I haven't installed any application later and this is happening two or three days ago. Some "chats" of the message app are corrupted... the problem is very weird. Ok, I'll try searching, but the point is getting a direct advice here. Thanks.
    I'm having the same problem. Annoying as heck.
  5.    #5  
    Ok, then let's join forces. I'll tell you when know something. Do the same please.
    I had this problem last week for the first time EVER. Weird thing was, it only seemed to happened when one particular colleague sent me a message. Other messages came through without rests. I deselected SMS notification in Butler & the problem disappeared. Coincidence? I think not.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
  7.    #7  
    The same problem, exactly. Er... deselected SMS notification in what?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    I had this problem last week for the first time EVER. Weird thing was, it only seemed to happened when one particular colleague sent me a message. Other messages came through without rests. I deselected SMS notification in Butler & the problem disappeared. Coincidence? I think not.
    I had exactly the same problem, but no Butler -- I don't have it installed. My solution was to use Filez to delete the SMS Messages file. This wiped all SMSes and fixed the problem. Note that trying to delete the offending conversation caused a reset and purging SMSes caused the Treo to hang.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuliusHG
    The thing is I haven't installed any application later and this is happening two or three days ago. Some "chats" of the message app are corrupted... the problem is very weird. Ok, I'll try searching, but the point is getting a direct advice here. Thanks.
    People will complain if you start a new thread about a topic already covered numerous times. Just trying to give you a heads up. I did a search for you and here is a good answer for you. Similar to what was mentioned in the post above.

"Sounds like your messaging database has been corrupted. use a File Manager like FileZ or Zlauncher and delete your Messaging Database or even just copy it to the card and see if that is the problem."

And if you have 3rd partys apps installed start un-installing one by one. If either of these two ways do not solve your problem get ready for a hard reset. And if you do that do not restore the Treo with your backup as that is already corrupted and you will end up with the same problem. Good luck.
    do a hard reset
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Drop check:-p
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  12.    #12  
    Well, I finally solved it. I'm sharing the solution to contribute to the utility of this forum.

(attention pdxtreo, and Adlopa gave me the correct solution)

I deleted the file: MessagesDatabase in the handheld (I had to back it in the SD card). Because, as Adlopa said, trying to enter or deleting the conversation with the troubling contact reseted the palm. Then I started the messaging application and presto. Problem solved.

Now the question is... there are a lot of saved messages that I don't want to lose in the backed file. How did I recover that info?

Thanks to all.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Just had a similar problem. Easist solution (no hard reset required) delete Message Database. All was fine after (All IMs will be lost)
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    I think that is exactly what I have to do.....
    BigTex, I am so sorry about Mutley, I have been there.