Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1.    #1  
    After doing some research on how to listen to my treo in the car I finally ordered the Seidio FM Transmitter for my ride and all I have to say is IT IS WORTH THE MONEY!

    I've tried 2 or 3 other devices that did the same thing from best buy and futureshop but they did not sound good enough for me. My friend brought his iPod transmitter in my car and that was the quality I wanted. The Seidio FM Transmitter sounds really good. The bass and the the high's sound clear.

    If you are looking to hook up your treo in your car get this for sure.

    FM Transmitter
    FM Transmitter Treocentral Review

    I also ordered this adapter to hook up the transmitter via the connector and not the headphone jack. (I don't wanna ruin my headphone jack)

    Connector

    However I realized I ordered the wrong one.

    I recommend you pick up this one so that the mic is enabled still and you can still talk on the phone and listen via the radio. I'll have to place another order for it.

    Connector with Mic Enabled

    The only complaint about these adaptors is that the cable seems flimsy. I'm afraid that one day I'll rip it out by accident. But other than that it works perfectly.

    Just thought I would share this info for the people that are insterested in a similar setup.

    Also it only took a few days to get here. (Canada)

    Thanks Seido!!!
  2. #2  
    I too have an FM transmitter for my car and I've ordered the Seidio adapter for the headset jack. I plan to connect my Treo to the tranmitter and clip my Treo on my seltbelt so that the mic will be close. The question is how close does the Treo's mic need to be? Does the listener get feedback when you route the call through the cars speakers?
    Riding the Tucson roads & trails
  3. #3  
    I'm jealous Dave, haven't ridden in da desert since 2003. took this trip

    http://www.escapeadventures.com/tour...anyon_zion.htm
  4. #4  
    Is this a better setup than a cassette adapter? Aren't FM signals shaky?
  5.    #5  
    Cassette adapter is a better settup. IT has a better signal than a FM transmitter. Unfortunatly in my car I only have a CD player so I gotta go with this.

    Eventually I am probably going to replace my deck altogether and get something with an aux jack in it. But I'm still waiting for it to die.
  6. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockz
    Cassette adapter is a better settup. IT has a better signal than a FM transmitter. Unfortunatly in my car I only have a CD player so I gotta go with this.

    Eventually I am probably going to replace my deck altogether and get something with an aux jack in it. But I'm still waiting for it to die.
    I think that everyone has a CD player instead of a tape deck.
  7. santas's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    I think that everyone has a CD player instead of a tape deck.
    I've got a tape player! The best thing about my ol' dog car.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  8. #8  
    Back to the original question. How's the sound quality for the person you're talking to & how close should the built in mic be? BTW, I get great sound from my FM transmitter.
    Riding the Tucson roads & trails
  9. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #9  
    Everyone is saying that the sound is good but I can tell you later becuase I just got mine. The only problem I have is that the adapter that I got for my treo 700 doesn't allow the interal mic to work and I am wondering if the one mentioned earlier for the 650 would work on the 700.
  10. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #10  
    Too bad the connector doesn't allow for power charging.
  11. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #11  
    Yeah I notices that too. Thats why I bought the stero connector. With the 700 you have to have a power source around.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    Everyone is saying that the sound is good but I can tell you later becuase I just got mine. The only problem I have is that the adapter that I got for my treo 700 doesn't allow the interal mic to work and I am wondering if the one mentioned earlier for the 650 would work on the 700.
    I saw in another thread that the one for the 650 does not work on the 700.
  13. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #13  
    Well I tryed my new fm transmitter out but wasn't too impressed. I had a horrible time with the bass. It sounded like my speakers were blown. But I know that it's not my speakers.
  14. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    Well I tryed my new fm transmitter out but wasn't too impressed. I had a horrible time with the bass. It sounded like my speakers were blown. But I know that it's not my speakers.
    Kind of like you're slightly off frequency?
  15. #15  
    I just got my stereo adapter yesterday & unhappily discovered that the internal mic didn't work. I could hear my caller through the speakers but she couldn't hear me. Bummer, for phone calls I guess that I'll have to stick with the headset. I might go with adapter that has the built in mic. Seems expensive though.
    Riding the Tucson roads & trails
  16. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonDave
    I just got my stereo adapter yesterday & unhappily discovered that the internal mic didn't work. I could hear my caller through the speakers but she couldn't hear me. Bummer, for phone calls I guess that I'll have to stick with the headset. I might go with adapter that has the built in mic. Seems expensive though.
    I have the same feelings. But thats what I have to do.
  17. jccomo's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #17  
    I am planning to get the Seidio FM Transmitter and have a few questions:

    1 Does the Treo charge at the same time that it is connected to FM Transmitter in the cigarette lighter?

    2. What is a good car mount that makes it easy to set up the FM Transmitter?

    3. Will a blue tooth headset iwork f a call comes in while the Treo is connected to the FM Transmitter?

    Thanks for helping me get connected in the car!

    JC
  18. aph
    aph is offline
    aph's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #18  
    Can you use any old FM transmitter for the Treo? I heard some stuff about feedback due to some particular design on the Treo, but it's been a while.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by aph View Post
    Can you use any old FM transmitter for the Treo? I heard some stuff about feedback due to some particular design on the Treo, but it's been a while.
    I use a Belkin and it works ok. You need an adapter if you use the 2.5mm jack and there is a problem with the long term durability of the treo audio jack. I believe there may be a noise issue with GSM phones (I have Sprint so it's not an issue for me) and there is always the issue of strong local FM stations overpowering the transmitter. I also use a cassette adapter that provides a clear signal but some rentals no longer have cassette players. There are some older threads that discuss various options.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo View Post
    I am planning to get the Seidio FM Transmitter and have a few questions:

    1 Does the Treo charge at the same time that it is connected to FM Transmitter in the cigarette lighter?

    2. What is a good car mount that makes it easy to set up the FM Transmitter?

    3. Will a blue tooth headset iwork f a call comes in while the Treo is connected to the FM Transmitter?

    Thanks for helping me get connected in the car!

    JC
    1. No. You'll have to buy a separate adapter. But doubt you can plug both in at the same time.

    2. I have the regular seido mount as well. It leaves the bottom of the treo open for plugs.

    3. Nope. This is a bit of a pain in the ***. I wish they could rig it up to work. The only way to answer really is to unplug everything and then answer. I usually just let it go to my voicemail and return the call afterwards.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions