1.    #1  
    So, we want to make the Treo our 'lightweight' laptop... leave the laptop behind if you have a Treo, etc. So we buy apps and a external keyboard, maybe a cradle stand. But hey, the screen is still approx 3 in x 3 in.

I saw this screen magnifier, Magnifico, at http://www.officeonthegogo.com . Would this make it easier to see the screen like a real display?
    Dang, i'm not that old yet
    The only thing I've seen is....

http://www.margi.com/products/prod_ptg.htm
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Dang, i'm not that old yet
    You will be and you'll dislike it just as much as we do... But hey, there are a lot of good things about being "old". I just can't remember what they are. Who am I? Why am I writing this? Where's my computer....
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  5.    #5  
    It's not about being old. I posted with question because I was interested in anyone using the Treo as a laptop replacement on the road. If you have everything you need to leave the laptop at home including a folding keyboard let's say, then the only thing not changed is the screen. I sit at the desk in my hotel room with my Treo and a folding keyboard. It is still sitting in front of me at the same distance as my laptop except the screen is still about 3 in x 3 in with about 8 or 9 point font.

It would be great if the screen was more in line with the proportions of the keyboard etc to make it all easier to use. Afterall that's why we got the keyboard in the first place.
    Well, if screen size is an issue, you should probably just go with an ultra-portable laptop. Mine is just 3 pounds and I can barely tell it's in my backpack.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Just Kidding, I think it is cool too. Just no use for it at this point.......