1.    #1  
    Okay.. I just purchased a dock for my Treo and it's been working perfectly. Today I attempted to do a sync and it stopped shortly and didn't complete the sync... I tried everything thinking there was a software issue. I moved the Treo out of the dock and attached the cord to it and Viola!!! It synced. I then re-attachedd the cord to the treo and it synced. When I rebooted however. The same thing happened. All of a sudden it doesn't want to recognize my treo if i try to hot sync it from the cradle (unless I do a hotsync out of the cradle first) What gives on this??
    Windows seems to lose the Treo and you can try all sorts of things to make it see it again...soemtimes unplugging / replugging works, after a while it seems you have to swap USB ports. Check the "Can't Hotsync" threads for more details

Search / advanced search / titles only / "Can't Hotsync"
    I had a similar problem, though I didn't find the dock would work after a non-dock sync. Eventually, I took the dock back to the vendor and they ended up replacing it. I wish I hadn't waited as long as I did before doing this, as the ease-of-use of dock-based synching is considerably greater than when using a cable.
  4.    #4  
    Okay.. here's an update.. It's working again. Apparanetly if I try to sync immediately after my desktop comes up when I boot up...it won't work. I have to wait like 1 minute after I see my desktop to initiate a hotsync.
    This may be because the sync monitor software launches later on in the process, and isn't yet 'listening' for sync initiation from USB devices. Glad you got the problem sorted.