Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I was looking for some tomtom voices and came across this site:

tomtom voices

Just scroll through the thread and you will see lots of voices to download. I dont think its the actual celebrity, but its a pretty good imitation and it nice to have a diffrent voice for a change.

Throw ure sd card into a read and put the files in the tomtom folder. simple!
    Thanks for the link but the voice servers seem to be off line now...
    Nice find...thanks!!!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    How do you add them to the 650? I tried to create a folder called Voices to the SD card and added the extra voices there. TomTom saw the added voices, but went haywire. It seem to lose all street info. And would place me in the somewhere in the atlantic ocean as my position. I had to do a complete install to get it working.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Hmmmm.... good link but as mentioned the servers seem to be down...
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericp74
    How do you add them to the 650? I tried to create a folder called Voices to the SD card and added the extra voices there. TomTom saw the added voices, but went haywire. It seem to lose all street info. And would place me in the somewhere in the atlantic ocean as my position. I had to do a complete install to get it working.
    Just put the files on the sd card in the tomtom folder. simple as that.
  7.    #7  
    U guys r right, it seems to be down at the moment. I have most of the zip files at home. Is it possible for me to post them here?
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28
    U guys r right, it seems to be down at the moment. I have most of the zip files at home. Is it possible for me to post them here?
    I'd like to try them but haven't been able to get them from either download server. Maybe post a list of what you have and see if there is interest. I'd like R2D2 or Marylin if you have either of them.
  9.    #9  
    I will post what I have when I get home this evening.
    I was able to download Darth Vader and Austin Powers last night...but the files are to big to upload here. Send me a PM with email address if interested.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

11.    #11  
    What is the upload limit here?
    Try this for big files

http://www.mailbigfile.com/
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Those voices are imitations done by some guy. They're fairly close, but not the real thing.
  14.    #14  
    I said it didnt sound like the real people, but its nice to have a lil diffrent voices every once in a while
  15.    #15  
    Here is a list of voices I have:

Yoda
    Sharon Osbourne
    Sean Connerty
    Patrick Stewart
    Ozzy Osbourne (swearing)
    Ozzy Osbourne (bleeping)
    Homer Simpson
    Darth Vader
    Clint Eastwood
    Austin Powers
    Arnold Scwarzenegger
    Mr. T
    Kitt
    George Bush (this was the only one I could attach )
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I downloaded a bunch of those previously only to find that I couldn't get them to work. What did I do wrong ?
  17.    #17  
    I just unzipped the files into the tomtom folder on the sd card and had no problems.
    Yep...that is what I did. Work right away. However, I did not get the graphic to show when selecting the voice. Has anyone been able to get the graphic working?

The graphic doesn't seem to work even on TomTom's premium voices......John Cleese shows up as a female shadow.
  20.    #20  
    graphics didnt work for me either. I think they dont work for tomtom 5. I think they work for the othe rmodels maybe like the 300 or 700.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast