1.    #1  
    Got one today. $65-$25 rebate.

The store I went to had the Black/silver Windsmart version.
    I picked one up last week, then did a return/rebuy on Sunday (to be eligible for the rebate). I've been very happy with it. Works great with my 6700...better than any other BT headset I've tried.
    Got one today. $65-$25 rebate.

The store I went to had the Black/silver Windsmart version.

Ok is the black/silver version any better than the other version ? I need a headset that works right the last 510 I try connected to slow.
    Treo 680 On ATT
    Took mine back after a day. Too much static and the earpiece that fits behind the ear is too big. I'll stick with my scala 500.
    I need to check this headset out. I just got a Scala-500, and the static is just to much for me to handle. For $40 it's worth a quick try.

Quote Originally Posted by IEFesq
    Took mine back after a day. Too much static and the earpiece that fits behind the ear is too big. I'll stick with my scala 500.
    Too much static? That's the problem I've had with many other headsets. I'm shocked to hear you thought the static in the 510 was excessive. Are you perhaps using a Treo 650? My 510 souds terriffic on my 6700.
  7.    #7  
    I find the 510 has less static with a Treo 650 then the other headsets I've tried.

It is slightly slower to auto pickup, then the 640. Overall I like it.

I've compared the 510 and 640. People tell me my voice sounds better on the 510. Also, I tried standing in my bathroom with the fan on. The 510 is better able to filter out the background noise in it's microphone.

Not that I use my phone in the bathroom. I just wanted to see how it might work in a server room...... Yeah.. right..
    I got one today, and did the whole charge/pairing. The static is very little, but the size of the headset is not my thing. I will continue to search for a different headset.

My scala was nice, but way too much static on my 650. I opted to try the 510 and love it. very clear sound, little wind noise, no static. My only beef with the 510 is it takes a little longer to connect to the call, but I can live with it considering the superior sound/call quality. Thumbs up on the 510 paired with a treo 650
    510 is great, but needs more volume. Eargel would work. Has anyone done this? Thanks.
  11.    #11  
    Are you sure you are using the right size earpiece on your 510. If you have the correct size installed, it should fit inside your ear. Mine is very loud. I have to turn it down.
    i too picked one up last week! love it so far
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"