Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. nja
    I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for NES emulators that run on the Palm OS. I was specifically looking for something that ran NES Roms without having to convert them (NesEM can't convert Roms for Mac users).

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I use NesEM and I don't convert, I just put them on the SD card and boom away I go! Another avenue to take is LJP, it works well and runs as smooth as NesEM!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    I second LJP. It's great and free! Only problems I have had with LJP are that it occasionally resets my treo when exiting and it makes me spend lots of time playing NES games when I should be doing more productive things.
    where can these apps be found?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    LJP is the bomb.

Sold1er...click on the LJP link in the post above yours...
    I agree with ssrjazz, except I would say it's the "shiznit" instead of the "bomb".

:-)
    This is the best thing since sliced bread for the Treo. I can now play all of those old-time NES and Sega favorites I grew up playing!

LJP works great!
    I just wanted to vouch for LJP! Maybe it wasn't made explicit to others, but this emulator is *FREE* (unlike NesEM), and so far i have found it to be PERFECT. Not only does it support NES, but SNES, Genesis, and a whole wack of other legacy game systems.
    My experience w/ it so far is as follows:
    - NES is _perfect_. 5/5 Speed/graphics/sound, its all there. full speed. no other memory app is required (the games are usually pretty small)
    - Genesis - 4/5 some slow down in graphic intense games. Skipping a few frames makes it good. Need UDMH for the bigger games (any roms greater than 400K i find).
    Some games dont run.
    - SNES - 4/5. More or less like genesis, but UDMH is a must. Still having a hard time finding good ROMS that can be played well.

ROMS are plenty and about. Just google it and u'll find sites carrying a wackload of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike
    I use NesEM and I don't convert, I just put them on the SD card and boom away I go! Another avenue to take is LJP, it works well and runs as smooth as NesEM!

Okay,
    I know I am not the brightest but I followed the link to LJP on this post and found the .prc file, but which files contain the actual RAM for the games? and how to I put them on the treo? I searched to link for instructions with no luck
    I'm not really sure what you are asking. There's a readme file included in the zip.

Basically, if you want to play nes games, you need to have both ljp.prc and ljp-nes.zem on your treo. LJP does not come with any games. Those you have to find on your own (a simple google search for nintendo roms should probably work).

Hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyno
    I'm not really sure what you are asking. There's a readme file included in the zip.

Basically, if you want to play nes games, you need to have both ljp.prc and ljp-nes.zem on your treo. LJP does not come with any games. Those you have to find on your own (a simple google search for nintendo roms should probably work).

Hope that helps.
    Ok I have a question, I have downloaded the files from LJP, how do I get the ljp-nes.zem onto the treo? Do I move that file onto my card?
    Thanks
    Terry
    I just HotSync'ed it to my Treo's memory. But I put the actual game ROMS on the SD card.

Hope that helps!
    again as stated earlier you have to look at the readme file included in the zip. first thing to do is install ljp.prc to the phone, launch it then it will create the directory/folders on the card on its own. next put all the .zem files in the Palm/Programs/LJP directory and the roms in the right ROM folder( i.e. nintendo rom files will go in the Palm/Programs/LJP/NES/roms folder) , once you have this done then you're ready to play, it's that simple.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    again as stated earlier you have to look at the readme file included in the zip. first thing to do is install ljp.prc to the phone, launch it then it will create the directory/folders on the card on its own. next put all the .zem files in the Palm/Programs/LJP directory and the roms in the right ROM folder( i.e. nintendo rom files will go in the Palm/Programs/LJP/NES/roms folder) , once you have this done then you're ready to play, it's that simple.
    Ok thanks for the information, I had looked at the read me file, I just didnt skip down far enough to find the information , now one more question, all of the SNES roms I have been able to find have an extension .SMC, I cant seam to get them to run, can some one help me either with that extension or where I can fine roms with the SNES extension?
    Thanks for your help
    Terry
    I think that is the correct extension. Are they not showing up in the rom list or is it just not running properly? Depending on your memory, you may need to run UDMH in order to play SNES games. Check this post on a guide to optimizing your palm for LJP (it's not written for the treo, but most of it applies anyway)
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyno
    I think that is the correct extension. Are they not showing up in the rom list or is it just not running properly? Depending on your memory, you may need to run UDMH in order to play SNES games. Check this post on a guide to optimizing your palm for LJP (it's not written for the treo, but most of it applies anyway)
    Thanks!! That seams to have done the trick!!
    I appresheate it
    Terry
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    As long as this thread is dealing with snes games and such I'm going to ask, I have Final Fantasy II, when I get to the misty cave all I see is white has any one played this and how do I correct it?
    Thanks
    Terry
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmair
    As long as this thread is dealing with snes games and such I'm going to ask, I have Final Fantasy II, when I get to the misty cave all I see is white has any one played this and how do I correct it?
    Thanks
    Terry
    Never mind, I found the correct settings, this thing is GREAT!!!!
    Thanks
    Terry
    just a guess but it could be the rom version you have or ljp might not have complete compatability with that particular rom, try another version and see what happens before taking more drastic measures.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Just a question. Why cant i go left or right on any of the NES games using the left and right arrows?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast