webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm OS Devices & Apps > NES Emulators for Palm OS
NES Emulators for Palm OS

Old 05/12/2006, 10:39 AM   #21 (permalink)

I'm not sure if LJP had anything to do with this but it sure happened while I was saving the state of a current NES rom I was playing. Anyways, I was saving the current state of an NES rom I was playing and the LJP application crashed and caused a reset; the first time its ever done that on an NES rom.

After the reset, my entire SD card was wiped clean. All of my MP3s, games, backups and applications that were stored on my 2GB SD card are now gone. Be careful with this software. Its fun to use but apparently can be deadly to your SD card.
xpgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/2006, 10:46 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exxo
Just a question. Why cant i go left or right on any of the NES games using the left and right arrows?
When you first open the aplication, not the game there is a little tab on the side that ses Config. you can go in there and assign most of the Hard buttons to do what the buttons on the regulat Nintendo game deck would do.
Terry
Tmair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/2006, 10:48 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpgeek
I'm not sure if LJP had anything to do with this but it sure happened while I was saving the state of a current NES rom I was playing. Anyways, I was saving the current state of an NES rom I was playing and the LJP application crashed and caused a reset; the first time its ever done that on an NES rom.

After the reset, my entire SD card was wiped clean. All of my MP3s, games, backups and applications that were stored on my 2GB SD card are now gone. Be careful with this software. Its fun to use but apparently can be deadly to your SD card.
Man thats good to know, I have had LJP crash a couple of times but I have never, yet, had it wipe out my card, maybe I should make a back up of that card on my computer hard drive so I just have to put it back on if that happens.
Thanks
Terry
Old 05/12/2006, 11:10 AM   #24 (permalink)

I like LJP but I wish they would just focus on emulating one system -- the NES or maybe even the SNES. NES emulation is kind of slow on the 650 when ran at 1.25x and it doesn't support the keyboard. It's still nice but a pain to control with my big fingers.
ZeitGeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/2006, 11:22 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exxo
Just a question. Why cant i go left or right on any of the NES games using the left and right arrows?
See if there is a key configuration screen by going through the menus.
naivete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/2006, 12:07 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpgeek

wow, i will make backups of my card more often now,the worse that happened to me whenever ljp resets is sometimes it erases and i have to reinstall it.

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
ljj8503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/2006, 09:54 PM   #27 (permalink)

I've loaded LPJ, and found some roms on the web, but everytime I try and run a NES rom I get this error "The emulation module to run this game is not present."

Any Ideas? Anyone else have this trouble?

thanks
nousername2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/2006, 08:12 AM   #28 (permalink)

Nesem is only $17.99. Why deal with these problems?
aldamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/2006, 08:41 AM   #29 (permalink)

When the new version of LJP is released (LJR) it should be far more stable. You just need to be patient.
Quote:
I've loaded LPJ, and found some roms on the web, but everytime I try and run a NES rom I get this error "The emulation module to run this game is not present."
Have you installed the LJP-NES.ZEM file in the correct place on your memory card?
Old 05/19/2006, 09:56 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldamon
No real problems at least for me, just like every new thing you have to get it installed and running, since I have gotten it installed properly I have had no resets what so ever, it runs all of the Genesis, NES, and SNES games that I want to play, I have only found a couple of SNES games that would not run, actualy they ran just WAAAAAAAY slow, like Doom, but then I figured the screen was to small to realy play that one anyway.
I love LJP, and cant wait to see what LJR has in store.
Terry
Old 05/19/2006, 10:16 AM   #31 (permalink)

I got it to work, just deleted and re-installed, no more errors. I agree it's a great app, I am having trouble figuring out the controls? any advice? I go to the configure screem but is doesn't make much sense

thanks
Old 05/19/2006, 11:54 AM   #32 (permalink)

Click on config-->click on the button you want to change "i.e. START"-->click assign-->pick the button you want it to be.

t2gungho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/2006, 11:58 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Why pay for something when there is a perfectly functional free alternative? If one follows the instructions - there usually aren't any problems. If there are, you just download a slightly older version that doesn't have the issues the bleeding edge version has.
ssrjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/2006, 03:43 PM   #34 (permalink)

LJP is not perfectly functional and I don't feel like working around buggy freeware. I like using the keyboard for controls in Nesem. I also have hundreds of NES ROMs and none from the other platforms so Nesem makes the most sense for me.
Old 05/19/2006, 05:08 PM   #35 (permalink)

I like free. However if it doesnt work for you and youve loaded it correctly, feel free :-)

t2gungho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/2006, 06:50 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
LJP is not perfectly functional and I don't feel like working around buggy freeware. I like using the keyboard for controls in Nesem. I also have hundreds of NES ROMs and none from the other platforms so Nesem makes the most sense for me.

I beg to differ... it's perfectly functional. Works just fine for me, no need for any workarounds.

Your comment regarding the # of roms for NES vs others is irrelevant. You don't have to load ALL the modules for LJP.... just the NES one.

If you feel NesEm is worth it, great. Lots of others don't.
ssrjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/2006, 10:23 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2gungho
Click on config-->click on the button you want to change "i.e. START"-->click assign-->pick the button you want it to be.

thanks got it
great app
great price
thanks LPJ
Old 05/20/2006, 11:33 PM   #38 (permalink)

Can you guys get calls and E-mails when in LJP?

Are you using smoothing with good framerates?

Last edited by aldamon; 05/20/2006 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05/23/2006, 02:19 AM   #39 (permalink)

hey i have installed styletap (to simulate palm) then LMJ and my computer tries to go to the internet to find the proper file extension to open the game what is the problem, also i have ljp.prc ,but not ljp-nes.zem where do i find this

Last edited by theradioinside; 05/23/2006 at 10:39 AM.
theradioinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/2006, 10:00 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theradioinside
hey i have installed styletap (to simulate palm) then LMJ and my computer tries to go to the internet to find the proper file extension to open the game what is the problem, also i have ljp.prc ,but not ljp-nes.zem where do i find this
All of the zem files are included in the download, just read the "readme" file that came with it, it will tell you where to put all of the files.
Terry

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0