1.    #1  
    I have a Cingular 650. I called Cingular and they gave me the unlock code for the phone. I entered it and got the confirmation message that it worked. I'm now in the Czech Republic and I tried to put a Vodafone SIM card into my Treo. It gave a message like "This SIM card will not work with your phone" or something to that effect.

Are there any ideas? I had the Treo on/phone off when I put the SIM in. Then I turned on the phone, it asked for the SIM password (which the Vodafone lady gave me) and that's when i got the message. We even tried another confirmed-working SIM, same story.

Thank you!
    Actually, you get the CONFIRMATION even when you
    type-in a WRONG CODE.

I think it is a "feature" meant to encourage and then
    frustrate naive users, sophisticated users (experienced
    with such things) figure this out in a jiffy.

So, you may have typed in the wrong code.

- mvk
    Game over!
    Or they gave you a SIM unlock code and not the subsidy unlock code. Did they ask you for you IMEI #?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by rrc124
    I have a Cingular 650. I called Cingular and they gave me the unlock code for the phone. I entered it and got the confirmation message that it worked. I'm now in the Czech Republic and I tried to put a Vodafone SIM card into my Treo. It gave a message like "This SIM card will not work with your phone" or something to that effect.

Are there any ideas? I had the Treo on/phone off when I put the SIM in. Then I turned on the phone, it asked for the SIM password (which the Vodafone lady gave me) and that's when i got the message. We even tried another confirmed-working SIM, same story.

Thank you!
    Run the ROM tool from http://grack.com/romtool - you can then view the phone information and see what the value of the GoUc token is (the subsidy unlock information).

Post your unlock code and the encoded value of your GoUc token here (it should be letters and symbols) and we can see if they match.
    I had the same problem. It turns out that with a certain number of Cingular Treo 650's the subsidy unlock code doesn't unlock the phone. If that is the case, palm has at least one other subsidy unlock code that will unlock your phone. I emailed the chairman's of both palm and cingular with my problem. Palm had a corporate person call me up and a day later I had a subsidy code that worked! Shortly thereafter, Cingular offered to swap out my phone.