Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Would it be possible to install the scosche bluetooth receiver in a car stereo, purchase the A2DP hack, and stream stereo music from the 650 through the car's stereo? I'm really tired of my FM transmitter static.
  2.    #2  
    <bump>
    Assuming you've got a way to get from the RCA jacks on the Scosche unit to your car stereo, yes. I'm doing this from both pTunes & Audible, in conjunction with the Softick Audio Gateway, a Scosche UBR ($70 @ walmart.com, of all places) & an adapter that pipes the Scosche's output to the CD-changer port on my factory car stereo (rcainput.com).

This is the absolute best solution I've found, and I've tried most all of 'em: FM transmitters, cassette adapters, Seidio cradles, you name it.

tdh
    I've got the Scosche unit installed in my vehicle as well. It works great. In addition to supporting A2DP, it also has a mic input and supports the headset profile. I bought the Scosche UBCK kit (which includes a universal A2DP transmitter that you can use for other audio devices) for $35 on eBay.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the help. I've since been told by numerous techs that the Scosche unit can't be installed with the factory HU 650 radio in my 2005 Volvo V70 because it lacks RCA input/output. I guess I'll just stick with the FM tramsmitter for now. I should have kept my 2005 Prius...but that's another story.
    Quote Originally Posted by IEFesq
    Thanks for the help. I've since been told by numerous techs that the Scosche unit can't be installed with the factory HU 650 radio in my 2005 Volvo V70 because it lacks RCA input/output. I guess I'll just stick with the FM tramsmitter for now. I should have kept my 2005 Prius...but that's another story.
    If the factory radio supports a CD changer, then you may not yet be out of luck. I'd suggest investigating Peripheral Electronics' Aux2Car fully before throwing in the towel.

tdh
    Would the Scosche UBR work as Bluetooth Audio Gateway? I have removed my car's mp3 player which was mounted in the trunk and its audio output went through RCA to the back of my stereo's head unit, and from there to the speakers.

Can I hook the Scorche to those RCA audio jacks, then send ( via Softick Audio Gateway ) bluetooth audio to the Scorche, which then goes into my stereo's auxilary audio input, and then to the speakers? If so, how is the Scorche powered? I think my mp3 player had a 5 or 12volt power source going to it, which is also still there in my trunk.

Thanks in advance.
    Off the cuff, I'd say yes - this will work. One gotcha with the Scosche, though - that only shows up as the temperatures rise. It *really* doesn't like in-vehicle temperatures of over 100. If you go this route, make sure you turn it off before leaving it in your vehicle on a hot day. I've gotten into the habit of turning it off after my morning commute & powering it back up when I start my drive home.

As for power, the UBR runs off 12VDC.

tdh
    Well, I took the leap and purchased this one -> http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail~dpno~620400.asp , so I will post here how well it worked out. As far as turning it off goes, it looks like it plugs into the lighter socket ( isn't about time they put regular power sockets into cars? ), which, for me, is disconnected when I pull my keys out of the ignition. So, car off = power off.
    My Scosche bluetooth audio receiver came in last night. After a couple of hours of installation work ( the wires are still a mess ) I got it connected to a power source and the audio output feeding my head unit's auxilary audio. Note that the power cable connectors are flimsy, and cut them off and put on sturdier ones after the +V ( positive voltage ) connector fell off when I unplugged it.

Pros: Good range, easy to connect to the Treo using Softick Audio Gateway. Audio is played by pocket tunes 3.1.6 right now. Comes with wall outlet power adapter. Power on indicator displays both power and bluetooth connection status. Flashing blue means power but no connection. Solid blue LED means power and bluetooth connection are working.

Cons: Flimsy. Non-standard car power cabling that you have to figure out on your own. They need to give you more options on power, at least have wires that you can tap into car power AND a standard 12VDC cigarette lighter adapter. Does not have a RCA to mini-stereo adapter, so if you need that, buy your own.

Overall, I am impressed with this device. It has reasonable good reception over distance, and you should not have any problems with placing it too far away from the source in your car, but don't expect house-wide coverage at home. The audio quality is great, pairing it with my Treo was ridiculously easy, and a much better experience than I had with my Nokia HS-12w BT earbuds( you listening, Nokia?).

I give this device 1 thumb up. Almost 2, but they need to add more power and audio wiring flexibility to the item out of the box.

Recommendation: buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortezza
    Does not have a RCA to mini-stereo adapter, so if you need that, buy your own.

Why would you need that? Your using bluetooth right?

Or do you mean the outputs on the BT reciever go out into mini-stereo? If so that sucks!
    Flexibility is important. So if the audio device you want to sent audio to has mini-stereo for its audio in jack, then I think its important to be able to do that with what comes in the box. Otherwise you may have to run around looking for an RCA to mini-stereo converter, which is not convenient.
    does anyone know the passkey to use to connect to the scosche receiver?
    It seems to be "0000" for some reason it didn't work the first time I tried it. Now I am having trouble connecting to SAG (softick audio gateway), but the scosche receiver connects to my phone and I could make a phone call and hear everything from my phone. Funny thing is that the scosche receiver led is still flashing instead of solid. Could anyone help me get my SAG connected? thanks
    I was on version 1.06 of SAG and it wasn't connecting to my 650. I installed version 1.05 on my SD card and connected and functioned like a charm. I've been talking to myself for the last 3 posts, but hopefulley this thread helps anyone trying to get bluetooth in their car.
    Our review on Scosche's BlueLife would seem to interest many of you:

Scosche's Bluelife: The FM Transmitter Killer
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    How does this unit handle incoming phone calls....

Can you make handsfree calls if you have a mike plugged into the unit.

Warren C.
    Warren C.
    You are suppose to be able to. It will pause the music and take the call. Whether or not it plays well with SAG or not I don't know.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Does anyone know anything about this? I've mailed about availability, but no reply after 48 hours. If anyone else is interested, please ask them and post any reply back here - ta!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    hello all, i know this thread is a little older but i was wondering if there is a smaller bluetooth receiving unit than the scorsche? my car stereo has an aux headphone stereo jack on the front of the unit, so I have no need to use RCA or go in the back way, just go from 3.5mm stereo to 3.5mm stereo. Is there a unit that has this? preferably with an option of plugging into car adaptor?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast