Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Once Goodlink was installed, my TREO 650 became very inconsistent about how it displays incoming SMS messages. In some instances, it will show the name in the Goodlink contact lists. In most instances, however, only the telephone number is shown even though the number is in the contact list. This is most annoying as I don't have everyone's phone number memorized. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks!

(While we were testing Intellisync to sync to our Exchange server, SMS messages always displayed the name in contacts and not the phone number. This problem only began when Goodlink was installed. BTW, I do not regret otherwise switching from Intellisync to Goodlink because Intellisync was awful!)
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Although no one here was kind enough to supply an answer, I did learn (elsewhere) how to turn Palm contacts back into the default contacts (as opposed to Good's contacts). You have to download and install FileZ and then find a file called GoodAddressBookApp. Call up the file details for that file and change the Creator name (e.g. Padd to Padx), save and close. The Palm contacts are now your default contacts and SMS text messages will show names not phone numbers for contacts listed in that database.
    In my experience, GoodLink will only show the Contact name for SMS thread you initiate. Messages from others will only show the phone number until you start a new a NEW thread and then the old one will show the contact name.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    No, Goodlink wouldn't even show contact names for threads I inititated. Even so, it's not acceptable to have text messages coming in with the phone number, even when the thread was initiated by someone else, when the contact name was in Goodlink contacts as well. The only way apparently to fix this problem is to switch the default contacts back to the Palm contacts database. That certainly worked for me.
    Are you using Goodlink 4.7 or 4.8?

I'm using 4.7 and don't have this problem at all.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    I am running 4.8 and just sent an SMS thread from my GoodLink contacts and the display name is there:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't get me wrong...I agree that GoodLink should not get in the way of the contacts coming in. I still dare to dream of the day when they stop using their own database and just use the native contact app as almost every other email product does.

Not to bring up MSFP again, but if Microsoft can figure out a way to sync to native apps and send remote wipe commands, I would think GoodLink could figure out a better way to do it. Heck, if RIM can do it with BlackBerry Connect.....well, you see my point.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Was Good initialized when you received the SMS?