1.    #1  
    Hey guys - just want to let you know that I've set up my own unlocking service for GSM Treo 650's.

It's a lot cheaper than the other alternatives on the market - $15 to get your phone unlocked (plus discounts if you want to resell services/affiliate commissions/etc).

http://650unlock.com/

Just to let you know - this stuff will help fund my treo hacking activities, like further ROM tool enhancements/etc. Any money that I make through this service will certainly make it back to the community.
    Last edited by mmastrac; 04/28/2006 at 11:29 PM.
    I was able to be the first one to use this I believe. It works well and comes from a trusted source and goes to a good cause, US!

Thanks again mmastrac!
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

By all means, I will send everyone I can, your way.
    Thanks Again!
    Just call me Berd.
    DAMN! I just did mine last weekend and paid $17.95.
    Admit it - you were just *waiting* for me to unlock mine first....
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Checkmate, you don't have it as bad. I'm the stupid ***** who bought the unlocking service on e-bay, just to find out that the phone I got through craigslist (Cingular branded phone), was already unlocked! Boy did i feel stupid :-p
    If electronics were family members, Treo 650 would be my baby!
    Treo 650 (Unlocked from Cingular) -- T-mobile
    Hi, does this work (or can you offer the service) on a GSM Treo 600? I have one locked to Orange that I need to unlock.
    Gellman,

You can do it yourself for free on the 600. Check over in the forums on mytreo.net to request the "patch" to do it
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I just unlocked my AT&T 650. What great service. I tried unlocking this phone earlier with an ebay service, but proxy/firewall problems kept getting in my way and their customer support was no help. I ran into a similar problem with this service, but received super customer support from mmastrac.

I sent an email question and received a response within a few minutes. We tried a different version of the software, but when that didn't work, he was able to check the server logs and get my unlock code manually. 5 minutes after I placed my order, I received my unlock code via email. Fantastic!
    If you're selling a service, this really should be in the marketplace forum. IMHO

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

10. c4r
    This guy ROCKS!

At 12:30 on a Friday night I decided to unlock my treo using his service. I had a small problem and sent an email (not expecting a reply 'till Saturday at the earliest)...and he replied back within 15 minutes.....on Friday nite...after midnight! Talk about good service! I was up and running w/in 5 minutes after his email.

I've joined the crowd of 'unlocked 650s'. Europe...here I come!

Thanks mmastrac.

dj.
    Tried another source for the unlock code and just got an error. (Could have been my own fault - neewbie and all). But I tried mmastrac's way and it worked right away. Thanks again.
    Treo 180->Treo 270->Treo 600
    is it a subsidy unlock? My Treo 650 is unlocked but cingular branded, and I want to de-brand it in the worse way. Let me know if your unlock will do this.
    is your phone totally unlocked now? (subsidy unlocked?) If so, how? I own an unlocked treo 650 which is cingular branded however, and I want to de-brand badly. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by paulig13
    is your phone totally unlocked now? (subsidy unlocked?) If so, how? I own an unlocked treo 650 which is cingular branded however, and I want to de-brand badly. Any ideas?
    My treo is now unlocked in that I can use it for any gsm carrier. T-Mobile, cingular, etc. The phone is still branded to Cingular. There are some posts explaining how to unbrand it. You can start looking at the following one:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=updater+1.20

It seems to deal with that. It would have to be a ROM reset. Beyond my talents at the moment.
    Treo 180->Treo 270->Treo 600