Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Ok, I have asked about this long ago, but perhaps I didn't understand what I was asking as well back then. Basically, I am looking for a solution for RSS newsfeeds that allows me to read them on both my PC and Treo, and will keep synchronized between them what I have and haven't read. Right now, I can read on both, but it is like POP3 email...I want a setup where if I read a post on one of the devices, it does not show up the on the other one the next time I sit down to read. I realize that using a web based aggregator like Bloglines would work, but I prefer to read my posts in a client application like Thunderbird on my PC.

Anyone have a setup like this?
    Why don't you use squeet.com or rssfwd.com to send your rss feed to the IMAP solution of your choice (fastmail.fm + Chatter is mine). You read it in Chatter and delete it? Gone on Fastmail. At your PC? Log on to Fastmail and read away.

Howzat?
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe
    Ok, I have asked about this long ago, but perhaps I didn't understand what I was asking as well back then. Basically, I am looking for a solution for RSS newsfeeds that allows me to read them on both my PC and Treo, and will keep synchronized between them what I have and haven't read. Right now, I can read on both, but it is like POP3 email...I want a setup where if I read a post on one of the devices, it does not show up the on the other one the next time I sit down to read. I realize that using a web based aggregator like Bloglines would work, but I prefer to read my posts in a client application like Thunderbird on my PC.

Anyone have a setup like this?
    Have you tried QuickNews? That's what I use for my RSS feeds. Does graphics, keeps the formatting and downloads pretty quickly. You can also set it on a schedule to sync automatically with the server, though of course it won't be "live" necessarily as that'd require a lot of bandwidth. But you could have it sync like every hour or whatever. You can also add any RSS feed to it and store everything on an SD card. Couldn't imagine using anything else.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    Why don't you use squeet.com or rssfwd.com to send your rss feed to the IMAP solution of your choice (fastmail.fm + Chatter is mine). You read it in Chatter and delete it? Gone on Fastmail. At your PC? Log on to Fastmail and read away.

Howzat?
    Thanks for this great suggestion! I set up my feeds in squeet and set up a fusemail rule to sile them in one folder pushed to my treo with chatter.

Man...this thing is still pretty cool