Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Who's with me?
    i'm with you until dinner tonight.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlarsen23
    Who's with me?
    Why do you want wifi so bad? I just don't see point. EVDO coming out on the 700p will be more than enough. I think this whole wifi thing is just a gaffe for people to moan about.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Palm claims that the Treo 650 makes it "easier than ever to get connected". Yet, they do not offer wifi -- CLEARLY WITH WIFI, IT WOULD BE EASIER THAN _EVER_ TO GET CONNECTED!!!

The only way to force Palm to add wifi to the 650 is to make them sit up and take notice. I propose that a mass hunger strike of Treo 650 users would accomplish just that.

WHO'S WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!
    ummm, No.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Not me, wi-fi is not that big of a deal. Dinner is more important.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    I'd like WiFi for access to company networks and my home network. I'd love to be able to access all of the info on my home systems while I'm out in the garage etc. Maybe using something like Moble TS?
    I agree. I never used WiFi on my 6700 in over 2 months. Maybe that's just me. But I AM getting hungry.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I agree. I never used WiFi on my 6700 in over 2 months. Maybe that's just me. But I AM getting hungry.
    What up, Flushing! I'm headed there after work.

As for this, thank you for posting that, it's exactly what I've always thought would be the case with EV-DO + Wifi. My coworker also never uses the Wifi on his 6700...

But, I think mr. larsen has cingular so the prospects of getting a fast connection from a Palm treo in the near future seem slim.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    You're all pansies. Come on - it's time we took a stand against Palm's evil plan to not give us wifi.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    You're all pansies. Come on - it's time we took a stand against Palm's evil plan to not give us wifi.
    Maybe, they(Palm) are taking a stand againist you and your evil plan to implement WiFi.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Who's with me?
    I'll pass. That's a suicidal move.
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    I'd like WiFi for access to company networks and my home network. I'd love to be able to access all of the info on my home systems while I'm out in the garage etc. Maybe using something like Moble TS?
    Get Avvenu. It is free and then you can access all your files, where ever you may be. Another added benefit is you won't have to be in range of a WiFi network to do it.
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    MMMMM. 2 beef soft tacos and a mexican pizza from Taco Bell really hit the spot.
    Between going on a hunger strike and/or suing Palm ovr WiFi, I'm just going to throw in that I'm happy with the little T650 as is.

And, maybe it's just my age showing, but WiFi reminds me of HiFi. Which had a good run, but is oh-so-obsolete now.

I'll keep my T650 (with the 1.12 firmware) and be happy with it until: I can't make calls with it and/or the next wireless "flavor of the month" comes along that really delivers something.

But, by then the Palm platform probly won't be around any more. Sigh.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    Who's with me?
    Not me
    Not me. ..

Food is more important than WIFI on my trouble free Sprint/T650. I can connect to Vision anywhere I have a Sprint signal anywhere in the US...

If I want WIFI, I turn my lappy on and connect to WIFI...

Chuck
    palm never said that T650 had wifi or is wifi compatable. its not fair to expect specs never advertised. if that is the case I am going to head down to the Honda dealer to organize to protest untill they install BT in my van for free. They never said it had it but waht the heck.
    Treoing & Loving it
    well i just had some awesome chinese food here in Montreal. So I dont think I'm with you; but just have you know I think I ate your portion Good luck with your quest; and dont worry I'll continue to eat your portions...don't worry its no burden or a problem for me