1.    #1  
    anyone know the way to unlock treo 650? such as software and what steps,I'd appriciate thanks~
    NB:IBM
    MP:Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy0548
    anyone know the way to unlock treo 650? such as software and what steps,I'd appriciate thanks~
    the search function on this site does wonders..........
    (but hey, I can do the same thing sometimes)............

but if you want to just unlcok the software (ie go from cingular to non-brnaded) then I am pretty sure you have to do it the SD way........

I forget the exact location on this site (just use the search to find it) but I do remember
    this web page .........

there is plenty of info out there and I know its on this site............u just gottat find it..............
    Nu-b,
    I don't think he's talking about going from locked software to unlocked.
    He's talking about doing a subsidy unlock to allow the use of another carrier's sim card.
    Two different things. Applying the unlocked software/firmware doesn't remove the subsidy lock. You're still tied to that carrier.

Jimmy - Is that correct, and who's your carrier?
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    If you have a GSM phone and have been a Cingular (t-mobile, too I think) customer for at least 3 months just call customer service and ask for the unlock code. Otherwise try one of the unlock websites that charge around $50 to unlock your phone.....

BIG DISCLAIMER:

I've always been hesitent to use those sites and I have no idea how legitimate they are or whether they work. I've always gotten the unlock code from my provider by calling customer service.
    I just dialed 611 and told the rep that I wanted to unlock my phone. The next day I called back and got the code. Never got an email, though.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  6.    #6  
    thanks all.mistercoffee1 your are right,I want to unlock my phone,so that I can use another carrier's sim card,I'm now in china,can you tell me the details?many thanks
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I used unlockcellular.com - promotional code TREOCENTRAL will save you $5. All you need is a USB sync cable and a PC that runs Windows and MSIE.
  8.    #8  
    thanks holmes4,I have just found the software and drivers,anyone know the user name and password which used in the client software?
    jimmy0548: i just posted a note about my new unlocking service above - it's only $15 and no coupon required. It'll save you $10

http://650unlock.com