1.    #1  
    Greetings Experts! I am getting an error evertyime I use the camcorder on my Treo 650. The error goes like this: "Recording has stopped because the storage is full, or there was an error with the storage. The video might not be saved". I am recording into an SD card (I tried both a 512Mb and a 1Gb SD card) and videos would last only between 20-30 minutes. I tried calling Cingular and the support guy told me that I cannot record directly into an SD card. I told him this is not true as my Treo's internal memory is only 14Mb free (out of the 23Mb) and I can record into my SD card. I guess he just doesn'y want to help me or he doesn't know what I'm talking about. My videos ranges from 22Mb - 43Mb on my SD card. Does anyone know of such a limitation? Thanks.
    damn what are you recording for 30 min? are you getting your freak on? I've never recorded for that long so i dont know.
  3.    #3  
    kill_dano,

I was in a conference last week and I wanted to record the presentation that lasted 2 hours and I don't have a camcorder camera, I ended up using my Treo. The first try recorded for about 22 minutes and the filesize is about 24Mb. I thought the Treo will record as far as how much the SD card can take but I was wrong. It stopped. I think I lost about 15-20 minutes of the presentation when I noticed the Treo has stopped recording. I tried to record again and this time it lasted 28 minutes and 43Mb. I tried one more time after losing only a few minutes of the presentation and it lasted about 18 minutes and 22Mb. I was wondering if there is just a setting that I can change to make the Treo record up to the amount of the remaining space on the SD card. Afterall, the documentation stated that the "recording time is limited to the amount of the available memory on the machine or on the card". Any thougts?
    I have a problem (sometimes) where when I stop the recording (to card) it will not let me save the recording. Seems like the longer the recording time, the more likely this is to happen.

Normally when recording, you stop the recording, and the playback screen will appear. From there you can either replay or save the video. If you don't save it, it's gone.

But sometimes, the recording just stops and never gives you the option to replay it or save it. The image left on the screen is the last frame of the recording you just made. But NO WAY TO REVIEW or SAVE IT.

This is the first time I've heard anyone talk about the error message "Recording has stopped because the storage is full, or there was an error with the storage. The video might not be saved".

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  5.    #5  
    HandyDj,

When I record to an SD card, like what I've said, it stops with an error screen. Then after clicking "ok", it goes to the screen where you can play it, save it or trash it. I have about 6-7 files of varying sizes on my SD card. It's just sad I can't record the entire lenght of the card.
    I've personally never had this problem. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to record as much as you can given the space on your SD card. You SURE you're selecting the SD card BEFORE you start recording? Have you tried a reset?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com
    I have a problem (sometimes) where when I stop the recording (to card) it will not let me save the recording. Seems like the longer the recording time, the more likely this is to happen.

Normally when recording, you stop the recording, and the playback screen will appear. From there you can either replay or save the video. If you don't save it, it's gone.

But sometimes, the recording just stops and never gives you the option to replay it or save it. The image left on the screen is the last frame of the recording you just made. But NO WAY TO REVIEW or SAVE IT.

This is the first time I've heard anyone talk about the error message "Recording has stopped because the storage is full, or there was an error with the storage. The video might not be saved".
    I've had this same problem, and MAN is it annoying!

I've lost really great footage of my kids, and I wasted about 15 min. yesterday trying to take a video for work. Now I'm going to have to go back out into the field with a "regular" camera to get that video.

I've never seen the error message that this thread is about though.
  8.    #8  
    ShannonElements,

I am pretty sure that I am recording straight to the SD card. I think the internal memory of the Treo 650 is aprox 23Mb only, and that mine is about 16Mb free. The longest video that I have is about 43Mb, approx. 28 minutes. I never tried a reset though. Would I loose all the stuff I have on my Treo if I do the reset? Thanks.

CoolCat,

I've never lost a video. My only problem is that I cannot take them long enough. Thanks for the post.
    I found a few corrupted files in the subdirs under the DCIM directory on my 2.0GB SanDisk UltraII card...I have reformatted it. Not sure what caused them, but they seemed to be interfering with the recording function and causing lockups in PocketTunes and Initiate..

I am going to try setting my Treo to record some long videos (have over 8hrs of recording time free on my SD card) as a test to see what gives. Hopefully, the recordings won't be interrupted by phone calls or chat requests !

10.    #10  
    HandyDJ,

Thank you for trying. Let me know as soon as you can. Thanks.
    I've been trying to record the videos but they never save. The first couple time I tried, they were interrupted by phone calls. This led to corrupted files on my SD card. Then subsequently, I cannot save most recordings. Still working on this, hope to get an answer someday :/

In the meantime, I've posted another thread in relation to this problem, since mine is apparently a bit different than yours.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113783

are you getting your freak on?
    LOL!!!! Sorry, but that was funny.
    You can record to the SD/external memory. You have to make sure that before you start recording or taking a picture that you have selected the external memory just before you start with either.

Steps to make sure:

Go to Pics & Videos app first, in the upper right corner make sure the external icon is selected, then from there tap on the camera icon and then switch to the video camera. On the bottom left make sure you have the folder icon selected to a folder that you created on the external card.

On the bottom right, there is an indication of how much video time you have left to record something.

I don't know if this helps, but it's how I discovered how to steer the location of where I wanted to save my pics or video.

Maybe you all knew this already.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)