Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ChatterEmail+ announced today! Info:
    http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...id=2&Itemid=68
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Great News! I'm a little confused though. I'm an existing Chatter user. I don't use Matrix. I'm very interested in the Exchange plug in. So can I get the whole works (both) for 19.95 before May 8th?
    Yes, that's the deal...

Marc
    what about those guys who bought chatteremail and matrixssl?
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Those people basically HAVE ChatterEmail+; nothing will be different and there is still no charge for upgrades. The EX plugin would be $9.95 until May 8th.

Marc
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    How do we go about buying the "EX plugin would be $9.95 until May 8th" -- I can't seem to find out how to do this on the website. I'm a current user of registered Chatter and I'm loving the beta of the EX pluggin -- I can't wait to buy it
    I am only checking the Chatter website about 3 times an hour to see when I can buy the EX plugin.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Where is the link to purchase the $19.95 Chattermail+/EX Bundle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    I am only checking the Chatter website about 3 times an hour to see when I can buy the EX plugin.
    It was up as of this morning.
    elbastardocalvo
    So this means that upgrades are no longer free as the Matrix thingy is integrated into the "base product"? That promise didn't appear to last long...
    Hi, Kurt. No, that's not the case (some people are TOO suspicious). The change to + isn't required and it doesn't affect other mainline ChatterEmail upgrades. I have EXACTLY followed my upgrade policy as posted on my site for over a year.

Paraphrasing: No charge for upgrades, but I reserved the right to sell new functionality as long as it wasn't required (i.e. an optional upgrade). That's exactly the case here.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    Hi, Kurt. No, that's not the case (some people are TOO suspicious). The change to + isn't required and it doesn't affect other mainline ChatterEmail upgrades. I have EXACTLY followed my upgrade policy as posted on my site for over a year.

Paraphrasing: No charge for upgrades, but I reserved the right to sell new functionality as long as it wasn't required (i.e. an optional upgrade). That's exactly the case here.

Marc
    So Chatteremail will continue to be developed or only ChatterEmail+?
    They are the same; the only difference is the presence of Matrix.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    They are the same; the only difference is the presence of Matrix.
    The website made it sound like ChatterEmail is gone: "ChatterEmail will become ChatterEmail+"
    If a caterpillar becomes a butterfly, it is no longer a caterpillar.
    The terminology has been problematic, I'll grant you that... ChatterEmail+ is merely ChatterEmail with Matrix; Matrix is no longer sold separately (except for legacy users).

Marc
    Please, what is Matrix?
    Laissez Faire
    It's described on my site; basically, it is a package that offers foreground and background SSL capability (extra security).

Marc
    It's amazing how many simple questions could be answered by simply READING. Marc laid this out pretty simply. This is one developer that would never go back on his word or attempt to cheat people. I'm personally surprised that he doesn't charge a small yearly fee for upgrades; I would gladly pay $10-$15/year for upgrades.
    lawilson2 - The reason I don't charge for upgrades is that I don't like being CHARGED for upgrades.

Marc
    I don't like them either, but for your product I would.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast