1.    #1  
    I've had my Verizon 650 for about a year. I've never had a realy problem until recently.

I work in the Times Square area of NYC, and live on Long Island. At home, I never have a problem. But, around 42nd St and Broadway and/or in my building the Treo "freezes" several times a day.

I've gotta believe that it's some sort of issue with the signal there, competing towers or whatever and the Treo can't handle it and locks up. Consistently reproduceable.

Any thoughts or ideas?
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenorian
    I've had my Verizon 650 for about a year. I've never had a realy problem until recently.

I work in the Times Square area of NYC, and live on Long Island. At home, I never have a problem. But, around 42nd St and Broadway and/or in my building the Treo "freezes" several times a day.

I've gotta believe that it's some sort of issue with the signal there, competing towers or whatever and the Treo can't handle it and locks up. Consistently reproduceable.

Any thoughts or ideas?
    Hmmm...I do the Long Island/NYC thing and I may have something similiar. Once in awhile, my Treo won't come on and I have to do a soft reset. In only seems to happen when I'm traveling around, possibly around dead spots.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Dead spots in and of themselves don't bother me - coming up out of the subway when I have no signal it connects fine. But, in or around my building..... another story.
    It's the Patriot Act .... Secret Servcie office in building around corner.
  5.    #5  
    Speaking to some other folks who have Verizon phones... a couple have reported their phones just "turning off".

Two thoughts - we have a wireless network at work, which shouldn't affect anything.

We also are in a building in Times Square with lots of electronic billboards on the outside. Some PC monitors had distortion, and a number of people had to move to flat screens. Thinking that there is a lot of RF in the air that some phones just don't know what to do with.

I'd love to hear from some real techies..... It is so reproducible, but I just don't know what causes it...
    My 650 hangs up for a few seconds (3 to 10) when going out of signal, but it sounds like you're seeing freezes longer than that.
    I have a Sprint Treo 650, and when it switches between Sprint and Roaming networks, it will lock up for about 10 seconds. Disabling Roaming in the Phone App takes care of this problem.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!