1.    #1  
    When I press 'GET', rather than just receiving the new messages from the last download, I get over 100 messages which have all been seen and deleted.

What do I do to stop this??

Thank you!
  2.    #2  
    OK, so I answered my own question. FYI-
    from any mail screen, select:
    options
    preferences
    delivery options
    Under 'Get Only', select Unread Messages.

Unfortunately, this only works withIMAP accounts. For a POP which is what I have, I selected 'Mail from Last 1 day' so at least I'm not getting bombarded with lots of emails from the past week I've already dealt with.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Yup, you got it.

For POP accounts, it won't redownload messages that are still in your trash folder, so just don't empty the trash until you have a chance to clean up your server-side inbox.

Another option is to set up your "real" account to auto-forward to a "dummy" account (I've used my Sprint e-mail account for this), then set up Versamail to get from the dummy account and delete messages from server. This way, everything remains untouched in your real account while the dummy acct stays synced with Versamail.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch Lives
    When I press 'GET', rather than just receiving the new messages from the last download, I get over 100 messages which have all been seen and deleted.

What do I do to stop this??

Thank you!
    I had this problem -- but cured it by deleting and recreating the "account" I was using on my Treo within VersaMail. Give that a shot. (You cannot just type over the settings.)

I can delete an item from my Treo, say delete off server, empty the trash off my Treo and the email will be gone from my Treo and the server.

Cheers, Perry.