1.    #1  
    Hope someone has a good suggestion. My Treo 650 and others that have called me sound very muffled and "underwater" to people when I talk to them. Volume care can make levels louder but it is making Muffled Audio sound louder.

Is there anything that can help make the Treo 650 Mic. sound clear and easy to understand ? If I'm talking to my wife on her cell phone where audio quality is double-compromised, she almost can't understand what I'm saying.

Everything else about this phone is great, but I need to be understood by whoever I'm talking to with it !!

Thanks for any suggestions.

John "Skippy" Lehmkuhl
    Music, Production, Drum Programming, Sound Design
    Programmer for Korg Synthesizers
    Skippy's Big Bad Beats & NoizBox are now Stylus RMX Xpanders !!
    Nature Photographer

G5 Dual 2.7Ghz, RME Digiface, Logic 7.1.1, Tiger

-end transmission-
    How long have you had your Treo? You might need a warranty exchange. You ought not need VolumeCare to fix a problem like that.
    What carrier ? Maybe peeps can offer more suggestions if they share the sympton on same carrier.
    Maybe if you took your head out of that drum (or whatever it is) before talking, you'd have better results...

;-)

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
  5.    #5  
    I'm with verizon and I guess maybe the head in the drum is the problem.....

John "Skippy" Lehmkuhl
    Music, Production, Drum Programming, Sound Design
    Programmer for Korg Synthesizers
    Skippy's Big Bad Beats & NoizBox are now Stylus RMX Xpanders !!
    Nature Photographer

G5 Dual 2.7Ghz, RME Digiface, Logic 7.1.1, Tiger

-end transmission-
    realkuhl

Naaawwwww ... it's the water in your mic from all the rain because of where thee be!

Seriously, did this muffled problem exist from the begining, develop all at once, or begin intermittently? Could it be something as simple as ... looky here there really is something in the mic hole!

I'm on Verizon out on the east coast and though I don't have to worry about blowing an ear drum, I don't have any volume / quality issues. I also am one of the few who speaks at a very low volume and nobody is asking ... WHAT ... WHAT so I've got to believe my mic works fine. Even with my cheap skin not having a hole where the mic is!
    If the problem is the microphone on the Treo not picking up your voice clearly, I discovered that after a long time of carrying it sans case in my pocket a fair amount of lint had accumulated in the mic hole. I gave it a shot of compressed air that blew out the dust, and it make a dramatic difference.