1.    #1  
    I used to have a clie and was able to search for contacts, appointments etc... by using a find hack. I have tried using several programs with my Treo 650 and have not been able discover and use a program that is considered a "finder".

What do you use?
    don't use it, but I think I remember reading something about zlauncher maybe having some of those features.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by redwing
    I used to have a clie and was able to search for contacts, appointments etc... by using a find hack. I have tried using several programs with my Treo 650 and have not been able discover and use a program that is considered a "finder".

What do you use?
    'FindHack' by Florent Pillet?
    I use it on my Treo 650, Option/LeftShift to call up.

I don't think he realizes the Treo has a find built in like a lot of other people who didn't RTFM apparently.

Press option, then the left-shift key.
    khaytsus

Methinks redwing is looking for a better find/search function. I use the built in Find function but it can be tedious at times. When searching for information you get a list of occurrences. (I often have multiple instances of something such as multiple meetings with clients). You pick the one you think is right and oops ... no ... gotta search again ... and sometimes again ... and sometimes ... I reduce the repeats by including an * on my inputs of future events. Then when I do a search I know the first listed item is the next scheduled one. Unless of course I've forgotten to remove the * when an event occurs.
    Anyway, a better find/search function that you could limit to a portion of your databases; contacts only, calendar only, etc would help and not 'losing' the found list so you can toggle back to it would be a help.

But you could be right and he/she (a first time poster nonetheless) could have a case of anti-RTFM.

As a side note you may appreciate this: Once upon a time there was a poster (high 3 digits) who had provided lots of info to others. I read one post recently where she was exclaiming in glee about finding free screen protectors in her manual, WHICH SHE HAD JUST OPENED FROM ITS CELLOPHANE. How do people even think about using these things without at least skimming the directions. Go figure (on your Treo of course).
    Yeah, it's possible.. Still think it's most likely they don't realize there is a built-in find.

But going with you on this, I second FindHack posted earlier. Great stuff, lets you specify which applications get searched. Having Agendus means I don't want to search Tasks, Contacts, and Memo's, just search Agendus, stuff like that.
    k

Thanks!

d
    Did you realise that the application you're in gets searched first? For instance, to find a contact quickly, just open 'Contacts' and then do 'Opt+Left shift' and the contacts database is given priority.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  9.    #9  
    I knew about the option left shift. I was looking for a better program and I am experimenting with findhack and beiks find.
    Thanks to everyone for their replies.
    Redwing:

Trying these on what devices? I want to know if they work on a 700p.

Thanks,

David
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Very good program. I was using Agendus Pro for no other purpose than its search engine until I found this. Its better and much smaller.

http://www.intelligentfind.com/