1.    #1  
    Does anyone know whether there is (or will be) a software download to make the 650 work with Cingular's "push-to-talk" (aka walkie talkie) service that they are just rolling out? Cingular is offering 2 flip phone models for the service, but i remember reading somewhere that Orange (in europe) is offering the walkie talkie service now (dubbed "Talk Now") and the Treo is compatible there.

Any shared knowledge would be appreciated.
    I doubt it. BTW....BetaXi.....would that be the BetaXi chapter of AKPsi from VA Tech?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I hope not. Too obnoxious.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    I'm very interested in getting Cingular PTT to work on a Treo as well. I've been researching it extensively and think it might be possible but need someone who works for Cingular to help as well as someone who can edit software. I have the application that Treos on Orange use for PTT and yes it is called Talk Now. Here's the catch, it does not work because I do not have PTT on my account yet and there is no way to input the Cingular PTT settings. I may have a Cingular employee who will help me put PTT on my account and get the PTT settings but still need some sort of software developer to edit this application with the settings. So that's where I'm at now. I'd love to help anyone attempting to do this or get some help from anyone with my attempt.
    My Treo's Stats:
    650 Unlocked/Unbranded GSM <br>1.71 Firmware w/ 1.20 ENA
    Carrier: Cingular
    Current BT Headset: Treo Wireless
    GPS: TomTom5 + BT338
  5.    #5  
    No, that's the BetaXi Chapter of Delta Sigma Pi at Rider University. That was 20 years ago for me.
  6.    #6  
    Roameo, I was beginning to think I was the only one trying to research this, I was glad to read your reply. Hope you post anything new you find out.
    Ok, my Beta Xi days were about 19 yrs ago @ VT...LOL.
    I own an Agency for Cingular. If I can help just tell me how!
    Thanks for replying cellman. There seems to be a new interest in Treo PTT as I've been contacted a couple times this week regarding it. As an agency owner are you able to add features to an account?

I think the best next step is to add the PTT to an account holder who has a Treo and can see if running the Orange PTT client as is will work. I'm willing to try it or send any Treo user the Orange client if they wish to try. Please let me know if you can help with this.
    My Treo's Stats:
    I'll give it a try, send me the client and I'll check it out
    PM me your email address nikstr and I'll send it to you. Do you have PTT on your account? If not, it will probably do you no good as I've tried it already.
    My Treo's Stats: