1.    #1  
    Hi all, here is a newbie question: I have been thinking of getting a treo650 but after reading this discussion board (excellent by the way) there seems to be disappointments regarding the Bluetooth and headsets. Therefore anybody with experience on a GOOD headset that works with treo650?

And also some good experiences on GPS solutions that donít use Bluetooth but instead the Card slot.

Also how good is the battery time (of course using it moderately i.e. talking for about 2 hours a day and using various PIM functionalities?

And as a last question (this is getting like a Christmas list) some nice links on useful software for:
    Outlining (i.e. brainstorming) and Task management (not project management but PIM style)

Many thanks
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I cannot comment on the GPS stuff, but:

I use a Cardo Scala 500 BT headset and like it. It clips on my glasses and does not give me a headache like ones that hang on my ears. It range is not great, but at a desk or in a car it is wonderful. Plus they are super cheap at Amazon right now.

The battery life is just absoultely incredible. I charge mine every night, but don't need to. Plus, the battery is replaceable, so if you find it is not lasting long enough, you can swap in another one.

Progect is a great free outliner, that I believe now has a desktop component. The built-in task software is robust and does what most people need it to do.

Good luck.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Quote Originally Posted by londoncr
    Therefore anybody with experience on a GOOD headset that works with treo650?
    The Treo Wireless Headset works great, especially with a jabra medium clear ear gel (Radio Shack sells 6 packs in assorted sizes).

And also some good experiences on GPS solutions that donít use Bluetooth but instead the Card slot.
    Seidio G2350S

Also how good is the battery time (of course using it moderately i.e. talking for about 2 hours a day and using various PIM functionalities?
    CDMA (Sprint / Verizon) - 5 hours talk / screen time
    GSM (Cingular) - 7.5 hours talk / screen

And as a last question (this is getting like a Christmas list) some nice links on useful software for:
    Also see:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=Utilities
    Attached Files Attached Files
    There is no GPS solution for the Treo 650 that uses the SD card slot EXCEPT for one that you use for golf courses. The problem is that for anything else you NEED the SD card to store the maps and points of interest. You can use GPS solutions like the Seidio with a wired GPS receiver, so that does not use your BT connection, but there is no standard GPS package that uses the SD card slot.
  5.    #5  
    great many thanks I am getting one on the spot!!