Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The review in treocentral seems [overly] positive. MOcean cannot play AAC files like aeroplayer or TCPMP, and cannot sync with Mac, and cannot do internet radio like ptunes. I see no compelling advantage to get it other than the novelty effect that is looks like an ipod. Well I think the novelty will wear off with people unless they add some features to make it more competitive with the current players out there.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    The review in treocentral seems [overly] positive. MOcean cannot play AAC files like aeroplayer or TCPMP, and cannot sync with Mac, and cannot do internet radio like ptunes. I see no compelling advantage to get it other than the novelty effect that is looks like an ipod. Well I think the novelty will wear off with people unless they add some features to make it more competitive with the current players out there.
    The review addressed every one of your complaints. Did you actually read the whole thing? MotionApps got enough feedback from people about mOcean's ancestor mPod to add EQ presets and some other things. Why don't you write to them directly and tell them what you'd like to see added to the program? XS, who is both a long time iPod owner and a Mac user (going all the way back to the Lisa..) .. quite clearly pointed out the features it lacks compared to its competition, noted the bugs and quirks as well as going into a lot of detail about the features it does have. Find me a review on any other site that goes into as much detail as his. I've lost track of how many different audio players I've used on Palms. They all have their good points and bad points. Pocket Tunes is the Gold standard, just as WinAmp (in my opinion) is the Gold standard of Windoze media players.

For people who want an mp3 player on a Palm that has the look and feel of an iPod, however, mOcean stands alone. And that's what some people want.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    yes I even read the article
    I agree that the review was complete but when it came down to the ratings, the shortcomings like ignoring mac users, no aac etc were obviously not mentioned in the cons and to me 5 and 4 in every catergory is overated.
    sorry I am on a treo and cannot add to the previous post. I just want to add that I do not want to sound too harsh though and regardless of TC's rating of it, I would like to see the program improve. I will make some suggestions to the developers as you recommend. One thing that would make it much better for mac users would be compatibility with the Mac missing sync itunes conduit so that mOcean could recognize sync'd playlists.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12