Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Update on the "Ax2 Boom Pro"

I've been using this device for a few weeks now. I found that the Ax2's ear piece was a little uncomfortable and not very secure for the weight of the boom. I had a custom Westone piece made (through an audiologist friend of mine). It is extremely comfortable. For anyone who seriously uses a headset or BT, I would highly recommend getting one of these made. It can be made to fit most devices, so the cost should be about a one time investment of about $60.

The volume of the Ax2 is now too high. I had to turn it down a few notches. That's with a lot of backround noise too.

TheBoom continues to amaze me. I actually took this thing on a bike ride. The mic remained flawless. Once I hit speeds of 25 mph, the wind started to overcome the mic (as did my panting), but still pretty impressive.
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    Quote Originally Posted by acastillo View Post
    I saw the review of the "AX2 Pro" and decided to try it out. Unmodified, the volume is nowhere near as it needs to be, compared to my 510 which has great volume. Also, it wasn't comfortable in my ear. Due to this, I decided not to use it with the ETY mic. Now it just sits resealed in the package.

I ended up grafting the ETY mic on my Plantronics 510 and other than the slight delay with my Treo 650, it's about as perfect as it gets. I can't imagine the offering from "The Boom" being any better, but we'll see when it finally does come out.

FYI, there's now a source for "510 Pro's" on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Modified-Pla...QQcmdZViewItem
    I thought the AX2 Pro had bad volume, at first, then I fiddled with the ear piece a little to make sure the hole lined up directly with my ear canal. I almost went deaf it was so loud. I just lost my second AX2 Pro I think I might give the AX2 Boom Pro a try, since it's supposed to be easier to make.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAKozicki View Post
    I thought the AX2 Pro had bad volume, at first, then I fiddled with the ear piece a little to make sure the hole lined up directly with my ear canal. I almost went deaf it was so loud. I just lost my second AX2 Pro I think I might give the AX2 Boom Pro a try, since it's supposed to be easier to make.
    hmm, maybe I'll have to revisit my AX2 then, and graft the ETY. I used it for 2 days, and liked that the sync delay was minimized compared to the 510, though after 1yr of use, I know to expect the delay.

However, the other issue I don't like is that the "jabra" style ear canal gel cuts out hearing from that year, making for my equilibrium issues only having 1 ear to hear surrounding noises. Never liked that kind of setup, since BT earbuds are typically rest in my ear during the day than in my pocket. For my ear, the 510 is more comfortable than the AX2.

Though I wouldn't mind having a spare "ETY Pro" headset around in case I lose the 510.
    Last edited by acastillo; 12/14/2006 at 05:03 PM.
  4.    #24  
    TheBoom "O" is now on sale for $79.99. If you enter the coupon code "Happy2006", you will get another 10% off.
    http://www.theboom.com/ProductDetail...roductCode=553
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD View Post
    TheBoom "O" is now on sale for $79.99. If you enter the coupon code "Happy2006", you will get another 10% off.
    http://www.theboom.com/ProductDetail...roductCode=553
    Now you tell me! I just got an email saying the card is charged and the boom is shipped. Well, thanks for the help anyway.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12