1.    #1  
    Has anyone confirmed if the Treo 650 has a watermark feature i.e. a sticker type thing on the inside revealing whether the phone has been exposed to liquid?

I've searched these and other forums, read some speculation, but in the posts I saw no one knew for sure.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    So you read the previous threads asking exactly this question and decided we needed another one? You can't prove a negative - to the best of my knowledge, nobody has found such a sticker in their 650 yet but yours could be the first.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Yes. It does have a little white sticker on battery compartment (see attached picture for details). The sticker gonna turn RED if it exposes to liquid. There are more evidences INSIDE the phone such as stains on metal or cooper surfaces.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by treoluv; 04/25/2006 at 04:56 PM.
    So what's the big deal of starting a new thread when he can't find the answer? Sounds like a good question to me.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  5.    #5  
    treoluv: Thanks for the reply. I don't disagree but on my Treo 650 I don't see a little round white or red sticker in my external battery compartment. I assumed if there was a watermark feature it would be inside the phone. I've never opened up my phone to see if there is or not. I was hoping perhaps someone on here who's seen the inside of a Treo 650 would know. TIA.

holmes4: I searched for any threads containing words such as watermark, liquid, water. I scanned all the promising results. None of the threads I found were specifically requesting an answer to this question but a few threads contained posts which referred to the possibility of a watermark. No one concluded whether there is or isn't one in the Treo 650. IMHO it's a fair question, not a repeat. Incidentally there are some hilarious threads on here about people dropping their phones in open containers of beer while riding in a car. Cheers,
  6.    #6  
    treoluv: Thanks for the picture. My phone has no such sticker. Maybe it floated away!
    I can confirm that mine had a water indicator dot _inside_ the case - not in the battery compartment. I disassembled it after I took a dip in a river, and it was indeed red. I can also confirm that a teeny, tiny bit of bleach, when wicked into the dot, turned it pretty darn white again. Mine has worked fine since it took the dip, but I was curious about what I could do to avoid being unfairly denied service if something completely unrelated were to go wrong with it...

Found the pics. Cingular, btw.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jojocat; 04/25/2006 at 08:19 PM.
    Nice People Suck Less.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Mine are Cingulars. I have 4 on hand, and all of them come with white tiny dot. I also have chance to disassembled 6 (yes, six), none of them have any sticker inside. FYI: Treo 600 Sprint have that kinda sticker inside.
    Motorola has a coating on their case screws that turns them blue when exposed to water, so I could definately see the possibility of some internal identifier, but with the hit or miss of the sticker their should be something else.
    this is such a cool discussion..I had no idea that they do these kinda of things, though in thinking about it makes total sense.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Bumpsie...I added the pictures of the internal alpha-ray...err water I mean...detector spot in my post above.
    Nice People Suck Less.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4
    So you read the previous threads asking exactly this question and decided we needed another one? You can't prove a negative - to the best of my knowledge, nobody has found such a sticker in their 650 yet but yours could be the first.
    lmao.....the dude was asking a question...let it be. I mean, why do you feel you have a need to be an *** about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv
    Mine are Cingulars. I have 4 on hand, and all of them come with white tiny dot. I also have chance to disassembled 6 (yes, six), none of them have any sticker inside. FYI: Treo 600 Sprint have that kinda sticker inside.
    Hmmm I have a CNG too and I don't have that sticker thingie where yours is....I got the first 650 to arrive at my local store day after it came out ... maybe the stickie a later edition thing ?