1.    #1  
    I have had my treo for about 2 weeks now. I have synced up my treo with my powerbook using bluetooth sucessfully several times. However every bluetooth sync I make (even when there is very little that has not been backed up) takes at least a full minute, and sometimes as many as 10 or 15 min. I always have my treo very close to the laptop

This is MUCH slower then syncing with the USB cable. Is this normal (by a factor of about 10)?

thanks
    it depends on how much stuff it has to back-up. i have noticed after i have used text SMS alot, it backs that all up and it can take time. it has always taken me more then a mintue to sync. but its better then having another wire laying around.
    Mine takes about 5 minutes to sync via Bluetooth. Don't know if thats normal or not.

Using Missing Sync with Treo 650 on MacBook Pro.
    About the only thing you can do is to decide what you do not want to sync. Do you use a card-based backup program? If so, is there a need to backup the entire device to your Mac? I have my backup program, BackupManager set to keep 6 backups on the card. I Use BackupBuddy to go to the laptop and have a small list of exclusions that greatly increases backup time for the SD card. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by spgiva
    This is MUCH slower then syncing with the USB cable. Is this normal (by a factor of about 10)?
    Yes. USB is 12 MBPS while bluetooth is only 0.7 MBPS
    VisorDeluxe -> VisorPhone -> Treo180g -> Treo270 -> Treo600 -> Treo650 [GSM T-Mo]
    I agree bluetooth is too slow for routine backup. That is why I like to just use a hotsync cable periodically and back up to my computer, also you can backup your card contents simply using a card reader. that way if your treo is stolen or both the treo and card get damaged, you still have your data.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 05/25/2006 at 04:37 PM.
    What program do you guys recommend for backing up everything to a SD card?
    Quote Originally Posted by JmakVR6
    What program do you guys recommend for backing up everything to a SD card?
    I used to use backupman which did a nice job and you could set it for automatic backups at periodic intervals.

But I'm usually hotsyncing every day at the computer, which backs up my data anyway, so I finally realized that backupman's function was redundant for me.