Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I was thinking about taking apart my Treo 650 and changing the Color of the keyboard...instead of it being white..I was going to take one of the thin plastic colored sheets that you use to wrap up presents and and changing it to the color red....easy on the eyes at night...has anyone done this before?

Thanks
    Brian
    You mean take out the keyboard, overlay it with red cellophane, the put the keyboard back? Wont work, the tolerence of the keys and the holes they stick out through are too fine. Cellophane wont fit.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    No I would be placing the Red Cellophane under the keyboard.......I would cut out the cellophane and then palce it over the pc board that has teh buttons and led's on it...(the lights that light teh keyboard...then place the keyboard back on top and snap it all back together....
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    let us know how it goes....
    I actually don't see why that wouldn't work, that's pretty clever. What you could also do & what I'm going to try since I have like 10 spare keypads- get some colored transparent paint & just paint the keys. I'm doing mine blue since I just painted my whole Treo bright blue.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    do you have an extra keypad you would be willing to sell to me....id like to try that also...pm me with a price

Brian
    dang! post pics!

sounds interesting
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Here is the deal with most treo's

I have noticed that most treo keypads are BRIGHT WHITE and most treo 650's have a kind of reddish color.

I put them side by side and noticed this. The blue buttons on the treo with the redish color backlight do not light up as much as the bright white.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

KabukiAssassin's idea is great... may I suggest the Kustom Kolors brand of paint sold at WalMart for hobby model cars. Goes on easy and dries fast and it is very resistant. They have some nice semi-transparent candy colors.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    So what you are saying is that you brush it over the keypad....and then let it dry...but don't paint over the already blue keys? Will this cause the paint to flake off @ all...or come out to weird looking with spots missing...do you suggest a brush or to spray it... below is a link of the parts that I have to work with

http://www.splashblog.com/kg6bki/?al...preview=332572
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsu408408
    So what you are saying is that you brush it over the keypad....and then let it dry...but don't paint over the already blue keys? Will this cause the paint to flake off @ all...or come out to weird looking with spots missing...do you suggest a brush or to spray it... below is a link of the parts that I have to work with

http://www.splashblog.com/kg6bki/?al...preview=332572
    I would spray the backside of the keyboard, so that it lights up a different color. You could also add a thin cellophane layer.

Some keyboards actually have a thin plastic layer between the plastic keys and the keyboard, while others do not.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    nonobeez are you on aim at the moment?
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    This turned out Freakin Awsome on my Treo
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsu408408
    This turned out Freakin Awsome on my Treo
    lets see the pictures!!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    You might try Stained Glass Paint Spray...I purchased red from "Michael's" Crafts Store.

I modded my alpine head unit keys red to match the interior of my vdub.

Here is an idea of what I'm talking about

http://www.krylon.com/main/product_t...roduct_details

...and as always....try at your own risk. Heck, test it out first on something so you don't "brick" your Treo.

Oh, and just another .02, green would be easiest to "see" at night-time or when it is otherwise dark.
    Last edited by mrjasjit; 05/24/2006 at 01:10 AM.