Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Lately i need to soft reset my 650 every morning before it will connect to vision
    if i try any data service in the morning before a soft reset the 650 just times out
    after the reset all is fine till the next morning . i even unistalled resco backup and reinstalled it and created new sets of backups and still same problem any ideas out there? no new software that i can think of either.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Have you tried just power cycling the radio instead of resetting? I run into this problem too from time to time and power cycling solves the problem. I'm guessing my Treo loses network registration sometime through the night because of lack of use.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    yup that did it but it really annoys me cause i have snapper set to auto fetch when ever sms comes in and it hangs when connecting
    I have had the same problem. resco Backup leaves you with almost no free NVFS DBCache memory. When you use blazer in this state, it freaks out. For me, it wouldn't display large graphics.

Solution: download and install the latest version of MemoryInfo (search for it). It has a "Flush DBCache" that almost always clears out the memory, and then blazer works fine.

I now this is every morning, and my treo is now very stable.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Ok, I did a Google, went to MyTreo.net, Handango, Palm Gear...where next? Ben
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Ok, I did a Google, went to MyTreo.net, Handango, Palm Gear...where next? Ben
    Here you go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    There were a few versions of VolumeCare that seemed to coexist with this problem (if not actually cause it - I don't know). With the latest version, this problem disappeared...for me, at least.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Ok i have not changed any software since this started happening i have "cured" it by insatlling radiocontrol650 i set it turn off radio at 3 am on at 6am and resco runs at 4 am
    so far all ok in the am. no reset needed to get data up and running.

Still weird though
    I was gonna say, using Treo Alarm or an equivalent to turn the phone radio off while you sleeping would save battery life and solve ya problem.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I used to have this EVERY morning. Best I could tell, it was caused by an interaction with ChatterEmail and DateBk5. I had the problem when DateBk5 had a midnight alarm that I wasn't awake to acknowledge and Chatter was running. (If I was awake at midnight and acknowledged the alarm, then no problem in the morning.) I switched to DateBk6 and the problem continued. But then CESD added code to prevent a hang when someone called your phone, but they hung up before you answered. And voila! I don't have this problem every night anymore. (I still get it ocassionally, but not often.) From all that, I can't tell who the guilty party was (Sprint, Palm, Chatter, DateBk or something else) but I was pretty sure the issue arose from an interaction with those two programs and changes to DateBk6 have made it MUCH less rare now.