1.    #1  
    Hi. I have noticed my Treo 650's screen switching on without my touching it... randomly... Does anyone have any advice how to stop this from doing this? It does consume the battery much faster..... This happens with the bluetooth disabled as well....

Thanks in advance!

AS
    Last edited by MoodyDragon; 04/24/2006 at 04:45 PM.
    What software are you running on it? email client? IM client? I actually had a Treo which had a hardware fault which would try to keep hotsyncing at random times, and that would turn the screen on at random times. I would guess there's something installed that is causing it though.

-James.
    USR Pilot 5000, Palm Pilot Pro, Palm V, Sony Clie 610, Sony Clie TG50, Sony Clie UX50, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgood72
    What software are you running on it? email client? IM client? I actually had a Treo which had a hardware fault which would try to keep hotsyncing at random times, and that would turn the screen on at random times. I would guess there's something installed that is causing it though.

-James.
    I only have TomTom Navigator 5 (the latest version from UK site, per advice from other folks here) and Epocrates (a medical pharmacopeia) software of it. Dont have any email or Im client. This one does not 'hotsync' ... just switches on.
    Last edited by MoodyDragon; 04/24/2006 at 04:46 PM.
    Are you in an area with a weak signal? The screen will turn on when connecting to the cellular network.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    Are you in an area with a weak signal? The screen will turn on when connecting to the cellular network.
    NOt really. It does this from home... where the signal is pretty strong.
    It could be trying to get the network time update (getting date/time from your carrier). Turn off network time update in Preferences/Date&Time, and see if that continues. If so, that isn't it and we find the next target. If it is, problems solved.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLaw
    It could be trying to get the network time update (getting date/time from your carrier). Turn off network time update in Preferences/Date&Time, and see if that continues. If so, that isn't it and we find the next target. If it is, problems solved.
    That solved it. Thank you!

What would Palm have done without this forum?
    Good call Rick!
    USR Pilot 5000, Palm Pilot Pro, Palm V, Sony Clie 610, Sony Clie TG50, Sony Clie UX50, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680