1.    #1  
    I just got a D-Link DBT-120 blue tooth dongle with WIDCOMM 1.4.2 Build 10 Drivers and I'm trying to get DUN seutp. I've followed the instructions in the various posts but I'm still having problems.

I've setup the Treo right (Cingular 1.17-CNB) via the Bluetooth screen.

When I click connect it opens Connection Window, and I click connect and I get an error - Opening Port Error 663.

It says my Bluetooth model is on Com Port 6 and I can't find anything else on that port that might be conflicting.

Any help would be appreciated.
  2.    #2  
    I've made progress and I'm now getting connected to my Treo when I launch the Dial-up Connection.

Here are the settings I'm using:

User Name: "WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM"
    Password: "CINGULAR1"
    Phone Number: "*9***#1"
    Init String: "+CGDCONT=1,"IP","wap.cingular"

When I click Dial, I get Error 678: The remote computer did not respond.

Any suggestions? I've tried various combinations of Init strings, Phone numbers but still don't get any further than this.

Thanks.
    This could be completely wrong but do you need to be using ISP@cingulargprs.com instead of WAP@cingulargprs.com? Somewhere in the back of my brain cavity I seem to recall this but again, I could be misremembering.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks - I just tried that too - no luck.

I double checked my settings on my Treo, and I seem to be able to get connected directly on my Treo with the user name and password above, but still not from my computer.
  5.    #5  
    Still not working - I've taken a look at my phone, and the default Network profile has no information in it (no username, password or APN) yet still seems to connect fine. I've setup a copy with the username and password above and that also seems to connect fine on my phone. But plugging in either set of values in Windows doesn't work. The dialog box says dialing for 10-20 seconds and them comes back with the error message 678: The remote computer did not respond ...

Is there anything else on the Treo that I need to do? I've to get it ready to recieve a connection from my computer?
    It could be your BT driver on PC/Laptop. Which machine are you using? I had problems with Dell Inspiron drivers. I updated the driver as well upgraded the phone SW to 1.20 ENA and now I don't have any problems. Following thread may help:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=cingular+dun
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrd
    It could be your BT driver on PC/Laptop. Which machine are you using? I had problems with Dell Inspiron drivers. I updated the driver as well upgraded the phone SW to 1.20 ENA and now I don't have any problems. Following thread may help:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=cingular+dun
    I've got an external USB Bluetooth and I am using the latest version of the WIDCOM drivers (see first post for details).

This thread mentions things happening on the Treo during the connection process. While my screen typically lights up when the connection is first madebetween the Treo and my PC - is that typical for Cingular?

Is there anyone that has has this setup with the WIDCOM drivers on a PC with a Cingular phone that might be able to help me with all of the settings?

I'd greatly appreciate any help as this thing is driving me crazy!