1.    #1  
    I just upgraded from 600 to 650 and found strange behaviour. When I send an SMS to a non-local number, 2 messages go out. One to right number, one to same number in MY area code. In "Sent" I see two messages both to name from the Contacts, when I press for more detail, one of them is missing the area code. SMSs to local numbers seem to work fine. Any ideas?

For the record, the phone is Verizon 650/1.04a

Thanks.

P.S. Also, what did they do to floating events in Calendar. I was using that feature on 600 and it seems to be missing in 650??? Why remove features?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hichhiker
    I just upgraded from 600 to 650 and found strange behaviour. When I send an SMS to a non-local number, 2 messages go out. One to right number, one to same number in MY area code. In "Sent" I see two messages both to name from the Contacts, when I press for more detail, one of them is missing the area code. SMSs to local numbers seem to work fine. Any ideas?

For the record, the phone is Verizon 650/1.04a

Thanks.

P.S. Also, what did they do to floating events in Calendar. I was using that feature on 600 and it seems to be missing in 650??? Why remove features?
    Not sure of your SMS problems, however the 650 uses a different calendar than the 600. The 600's (more specifically, Handspring) used a version of DateBk 3 as their calendar. You'll have to buy a different calendar app (such as DateBk5) if you want those features.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the pointer to DateBk5, it is definately interesting replacement. Although I find that I do not need most of the features - I might look and see if the Treo 600 version runs on 650.

But I am much more concerned with the SMS issue. I cannot believe this is a normal behaviour. As it stands now, I cannot SMS to anyone outside my area code without sending a copy of the message to a random person in my area.

Anyone seen this or know how to fix?

-HH
    Quote Originally Posted by Hichhiker
    Thanks for the pointer to DateBk5, it is definately interesting replacement. Although I find that I do not need most of the features - I might look and see if the Treo 600 version runs on 650.

But I am much more concerned with the SMS issue. I cannot believe this is a normal behaviour. As it stands now, I cannot SMS to anyone outside my area code without sending a copy of the message to a random person in my area.

Anyone seen this or know how to fix?

-HH
    No. Do not run that version! DateBk3 does not behave with the NVFS file system.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    When you send out an SMS do you choose the contact from your address book or do you enter un the number manually? If you do one or the other try the other way and see if it acts the same way.

Bryan
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    No. Do not run that version! DateBk3 does not behave with the NVFS file system.
    k, noted.